The Center for the Integration and Advancement of New Americans (CIANA), Communications and Development team is looking for a researcher and excellent writer. The Grants Intern will be directly involved in the grant-writing process to secure funds for CIANA from foundations and government agencies. The intern is responsible for researching potential grants and will collaborate with our Executive Director to determine which grants to apply for, to develop a timeline for submission, and to gather necessary materials and information for the proposal.
- Research foundations and grants on platforms such as GuideStar, Candid (formerly the Foundation Center), and others
- Collaborate with the Executive Director and Development VISTA to plan grants calendar and
- application strategies
- Develop and compile supporting documents including metrics, testimonials, and reports for applications
- Draft narrative proposals and responses to application questions, and if necessary, draft letters of inquiry or letters of intent
- Research other sources of funding; brainstorm strategies for CIANA’s financial growth
- Maintain relationships with donors and foster engagement
- Current undergraduate students (with at least two years completed) or graduate students
- Pursuing a degree in Communications, Journalism, English, Writing, History, Nonprofit Management, Public Affairs, Political Science, or a related field.
- Experience in one or more of the following:
- Applying to and receiving personal scholarships and/or grants for outside organizations/clubs
- Knowledge of the grant-writing process and non-profit development
- Ability to meet strict deadlines, including those on short notice
- Keen attention to detail, ability to articulate, and sharp decision-making skills
- Regular schedule required; 15-20/week during CIANA office hours (Mon. – Fri. 10 AM – 6 PM).
- Spring semester, position begins in January 2021
Unpaid, but may be completed for academic credit.
Interns will undergo a brief training with CIANA staff.