The Center for the Integration and Advancement of New Americans (CIANA), Communications and Outreach team is looking for Communications Interns who are creative and detail-oriented self-starters. Chosen interns will form a team that possesses a combination of the skills outlined below.
- Draft posts for social media, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Research, pitch, and draft articles for CIANA’s blog
- Assist the Communications and Outreach VISTA with producing newsletters and other emails targeted at clients, donors, and partners
- Design graphics and visuals to enhance CIANA documents and materials
- Develop relations with media and community leaders/orgs
- Assist in translating the CIANA materials into Arabic, Bangla, or Spanish (if possible)
- Assist on side/independent projects
- This internship is ideal for undergraduate and graduate students pursuing a degree in Communications, Marketing, Graphic Design, Journalism, English, Political Science, Sociology, International Affairs, Latin American/Middle Eastern/South Asian Studies, or related fields.
- An independent self-starter who can manage time effectively to accommodate several projects at once
- Proficiency in Arabic, Bangla, Spanish, or other languages is a plus!
- Experience with one or more of the following:
- Research and writing
- Content creation for social media, blog posts, newsletters, and press briefings
- Graphic design
- Website design and analytics
- Familiarity with Canva, Mail Chimp, Wix, or similar platforms. Adobe Illustrator is a plus!
- Regular schedule required.
- 12 – 20 hours a week during CIANA office hours (Mon. – Fri. 10 AM – 6 PM).
- Spring semester, position begins in January 2021
Unpaid, but may be completed for academic credit.
Interns will undergo an orientation and training.