Centivo is a new type of health plan for self-funded employers that is built to save 15 percent or more compared to traditional insurance carriers and is easy to use for employers and employees.
Centivo’s mission is to bring lower cost, higher quality healthcare to the millions of working Americans who struggle to pay their healthcare bills. With Centivo, employers can offer their employees affordable and predictable costs, a high-tech member experience, exceptional service, and a range of benefit options including both traditional and proprietary networks. Centivo develops high-value networks in partnership with leading local healthcare providers and uses data analytics to refine the network and navigate members to the right providers. Members get a partner for all their healthcare needs through a primary care-centered model, as well as expanded access and fully integrated virtual care.
With offices in New York City, Buffalo, NY and Stamford, CT, Centivo is backed by leading investors including B Capital Group, Bain Capital Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, Company Ventures, Define Ventures, F-Prime Capital, HarbourVest Partners, Ingleside Investors, Maverick Ventures, Nassau Street Ventures (an AVG fund), Oxeon Investments, and Rand Capital. Learn more at Centivo.com.
Open roles include:
- Software Engineers (minimum 3 years of experience)
- Senior Software Engineers (7+ years of experience)
• Responsible for the delivery of an entire software project or part of a project, including design, implementation, testing, and documentation
• Monitor, track, and communicate project status
• Ability to work with Product Management and Solution Management on refining business requirements and creating technical requirements, test cases, design specifications, and development tasks
• Develop and test software in accordance with requirements, test cases, and design documentation
• Guarantee the compliances of the QA rules and guidelines
• Document developed software applications and tools
• Deliver defined parts of a project, including design, implementation, testing, integration (in-house), and documentation
• Maintain and fix bugs
• Provide 2nd and 3rd level support
• Experience in investigating issues in production environments
• Maintain an awareness of new technologies and their applicability to improving the framework and business
• Provide guidance and best practices to implementation projects
Preferred Technical Knowledge
• Hands-on knowledge developing AWS cloud-based (Azure, GCP is a plus) SaaS (Software as a Service) application and platform.
• Object-oriented analysis, design, programming, and component-based development
• Customer service-oriented attitude, top-notch time management, and quality-driven designs.
• Experience with React JS, React Native, Node.js, Spring, Hibernate, HTML5, CSS, SQL, XML, JMS, Linux operating systems, relational and document-oriented databases (DynamoDB is a plus).
• Experience with Agile software development methodologies preferred.
• Deep understanding of Java and Node.js Web technologies JSF/JSP, jQuery, AngularJS
• Extensive experience developing infrastructure as code using AWS technologies (Jenkins, Sonar, is a plus)
• Demonstrated ability in designing, implementing, and delivering high performance and complex Java EE solutions
• In-depth knowledge and development experience of HTML 5 and React-based user interfaces
• Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
• Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
• Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency, and workload management.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field
• Stack Software Development
• Strong Node.js and Java (SE, EE) Skills
• Enterprise frameworks: EJB, JPA, JMS, Web Services
• SQL programming
• Understanding of Relational and Document based database concepts, architecture, and SQL programming
• Excellent skills in problem solving and communication
• Deep knowledge of application integration
• Experience in a commercial software development environment
• Knowledge in OO-Design and architectures
• Software design and development experience with web-based user interfaces