Why Charlie Health?
Adolescents and young adults across the country need our help. The sad reality is that a mental health crisis has taken ahold of our most vulnerable population—leading to record levels of depression, anxiety, addiction, and self-harm. From Manhattan to Montana, this reality is compounded by issues of access, both geographic and financial. The mental health landscape is systemically broken, and our children are suffering as a result.
Charlie Health has set out on a mission to reimagine how high acuity care is delivered to teens and young adults—particularly those in rural populations. We’re building the world’s first infinitely scalable, virtual-first mental health practice. Our initial offering is a virtual intensive outpatient program (vIOP), which connects like-minded virtual groups with therapists that specialize in their specific mental health needs.
Our goal is to help children and families heal together. Through a combination of exceptional medical and psychological care, engaged community partnerships, and best-in-class technology, we provide an unparalleled approach to recovery support that serves individual needs in an integrated way. Join us in our mission to ensure that every teen and young adult—regardless of location or socioeconomic status—can get the care that they deserve.
About The Role
This role is a rare chance to lead the go-to-market efforts for one of the fastest growing startups in the healthcare industry. You’ll be granted an unparalleled level of responsibility, as your efforts will literally define how we open, win, and monopolize new markets. You’ll work hand-in-hand with our Director of Clinical Outreach and Executive team to identify patient referral sources, build relationships with clinical partners, and facilitate admissions for hundreds of at-risk youth. You’ll obsess (in a healthy way) over ensuring that every possible patient, parent, and provider is aware of Charlie Health’s programs.
This role is expected to be a direct on-ramp into a leadership role—managing a regional territory, a team of Clinical Outreach specialists, or the operations of our business development team. Our Clinical Outreach team is the lifeblood of our business; they keep the lights on and know our product, partners, and patients better than almost anyone. The position is not for the faint of heart, but if you’ve been looking for a highly autonomous, high-stakes role, then Charlie Health may be for you.
Our team is comprised of passionate, forward-thinking professionals eager to take on the challenge of the mental health crisis and play a formative role in providing live-saving solutions. We are looking for a candidate who is inspired by our mission and excited by the opportunity to build a business that will impact millions of lives in a profound way.
- Develop and operationalize GTM strategy for efficient new market penetration
- Create, build, and manage relationships with referral sources across priority markets
- Lead meetings with patients, parents, and providers to uncover needs, address barriers to treatment, and cement community partnerships
- Design strategies to better support and engage referral partners across different channels
- Deepen Charlie Health’s penetration across existing partnerships
- Attend and lead various educational meetings, marketing presentations, and networking events both in person and via conference call
- Synthesize and share market feedback from partners, patients, and stakeholders to inform go-forward marketing and product strategies
- Work closely with internal partners including marketing, product, client success, and legal to deliver on GTM goals
- 3.3 GPA or above (please include on resume)
- 1 – 4 years of experience
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- American citizen and native-equivalent or better in English
- Strong interpersonal, relationship-building and listening skills, with a natural, consultative style
- Ability to energize, communicate, and build rapport at all levels within an organization
- Strong project management skills, with a demonstrable ability to corral and manage details in a fast-paced, fluid environment
- Comfort with video conferencing, scheduling, and CRM technologies
- Experience advising, presenting to, and persuading senior corporate personnel
- Business development experience in the mental health or addiction space preferred!
Our mentality is to find the best, attract the best, and pay the best talent—which is why we prioritize quality over quantity of hires. While we offer zero-stress medical, dental, and vision coverage, competitive salaries, and a generous PTO policy, we’re way more excited to tell you about a few “perks” that are unique to Charlie Health. We’ve spent time thinking through what it means to be a mental health company and how we can better align these additional perks with our mission and values.
First and foremost, we believe that no one should ever have to compromise on their mental or physical health. This is why we offer a fully paid subscription to the mindfulness, talk therapy, nutrition, or fitness app of your choice (Headspace, TalkSpace, Noom, Peloton, etc.). We also offer complimentary yoga sessions for you and your loved ones, twice per month, that are hosted by one of our licensed instructors. Our team is big on self-care, and we are committed to helping our employees live happy and healthy lives.
We also want you to live and see our mission in action. We encourage every employee—regardless of department—to shadow our vIOP sessions once per month. And while it’s motivating to experience the care that we provide to patients, we also want to collectively celebrate their successes. This is why we host quarterly events to recognize alumni of our program and bring together patients and team members around shared experiences. Whether it be through a cooking class, a magic show, a comedy act, or a virtual talent competition, we want to uplift our patients and teammates, together.
So—what do you think?
If you’ve made it this far, well, we’re excited to meet you too. Just one more thing that we want you to remember: we pride ourselves on our meritocratic, performance-driven culture. There are lives on the line, and we have teens to save. There’s no room for complacency. Your scope of responsibility and opportunity to make a difference will be uncapped at Charlie Health, but we need your commitment that you will work tirelessly for our patients, parents, and partners. At the end of day, our team is committed to helping you succeed at Charlie Health because when you succeed, our patients succeed, and we get one step closer to solving the mental health crisis. We’re hopeful that this role will give you the experience to go and do whatever you want in life but the fulfillment to make you never want to leave our team. We look forward to solving the mental health crisis, together.
Please do not call our public clinical admissions line in regards to this or any other job posting.
At Charlie Health, we value being an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to cultivate an environment where individuals can be their authentic selves. Being an Equal Opportunity Employer means every member of our team feels as though they are supported and belong. We value diverse perspectives to help us provide essential mental health and substance use disorder treatments to all teens and young adults.
Charlie Health applicants are assessed solely on their qualifications for the role, without regard to disability or need for accommodation.