Why Charlie Health?
Adolescents and young adults across the country need our help. The sad reality is that a mental health crisis has taken ahold of our most vulnerable population—leading to record levels of depression, anxiety, addiction, and self-harm. From Manhattan to Montana, this reality is compounded by issues of access, both geographic and financial. The mental health landscape is systemically broken, and our children are suffering as a result.
Charlie Health has set out on a mission to reimagine how high acuity care is delivered to teens and young adults—particularly those in rural populations. We’re building the world’s first infinitely scalable, virtual-first mental health practice. Our initial offering is a virtual intensive outpatient program (vIOP), which connects like-minded virtual groups with therapists that specialize in their specific mental health needs.
Our goal is to help children and families heal together. Through a combination of exceptional medical and psychological care, engaged community partnerships, and best-in-class technology, we provide an unparalleled approach to recovery support that serves individual needs in an integrated way. Join us in our mission to ensure that every teen and young adult—regardless of location or socioeconomic status—can get the care that they deserve.
About the Financial Analyst Role
The Financial Analyst will build revenue and cash flow projections which will be used to set budget and influence overall growth strategy. You will work directly with the Director of Finance and the Co-founder and Head of Strategy & Finance, both of whom have backgrounds in investment banking, venture capital, and hedge fund investing. You will learn how to maximize margins and minimize receivables and how to build a profitable healthcare delivery business. You will help manage our billing team to reduce inefficiencies in our collections process and revenue cycle management. You will also work with our accounting team to ensure we are employing best practices in our billing and revenue recognition.
Our team is comprised of passionate, forward-thinking professionals eager to take on the challenge of the mental health crisis and play a formative role in providing live-saving solutions. We are looking for a candidate who is inspired by our mission and excited by the opportunity to build a business that will impact millions of lives in a profound way.
- Analyze current and past financial data
- Look at current financial performance and identifying trends
- Prepare reports on the above information and communicating the insights of these reports to the wider business
- Consult with the management team to develop long-term commercial plans
- Suggest and implement improvements based on the above information
- Model receivables aging across payors and states and perform analyses to minimize collection periods
- Learn/use medical billing and revenue cycle management software
- Reconcile cash deposits (banking) with claims paid (RCM software)
- Credential facilities and individual clinicians as appropriate to ensure reimbursement
- Perform analyses comparing rates and reimbursement methodologies across geographies, health plans, and demographics
- Other duties as assigned
- 3.5 GPA or above (must include on resume)
- Demonstrated interest in quantitative fields such as economics, finance, engineering, etc.
- 1-5 years of experience in a related field, e.g. accounting, corporate finance, medical billing, statistics
- Microsoft Office fluency
- American citizen and native-equivalent or better in English
- Strong interpersonal, relationship-building and listening skills, with a natural, consultative style
- Ability to energize, communicate, and build rapport at all levels within an organization
- Strong project management skills, with a demonstrable ability to corral and manage details in a fast-paced, fluid environment
- Experience advising, presenting to, and persuading senior corporate personnel
Our mentality is to find the best, attract the best, and pay the best talent—which is why we prioritize quality over quantity of hires. While we offer zero-stress medical, dental, and vision coverage, competitive salaries, and a generous PTO policy, we’re way more excited to tell you about a few “perks” that are unique to Charlie Health. We’ve spent time thinking through what it means to be a mental health company and how we can better align these additional perks with our mission and values.
First and foremost, we believe that no one should ever have to compromise on their mental or physical health. This is why we offer a fully paid subscription to the mindfulness, talk therapy, nutrition, or fitness app of your choice (Headspace, TalkSpace, Noom, Peloton, etc.). We also offer complimentary yoga sessions for you and your loved ones, twice per month, that are hosted by one of our licensed instructors. Our team is big on self-care, and we are committed to helping our employees live happy and healthy lives.
We also want you to live and see our mission in action. We encourage every employee—regardless of department—to shadow our vIOP sessions once per month. And while it’s motivating to experience the care that we provide to patients, we also want to collectively celebrate their successes. This is why we host quarterly events to recognize alumni of our program and bring together patients and team members around shared experiences. Whether it be through a cooking class, a magic show, a comedy act, or a virtual talent competition, we want to uplift our patients and teammates, together.
So—what do you think?
If you’ve made it this far, well, we’re excited to meet you too. Just one more thing that we want you to remember: we pride ourselves on our meritocratic, performance-driven culture. There are lives on the line, and we have teens to save. There’s no room for complacency. Your scope of responsibility and opportunity to make a difference will be uncapped at Charlie Health, but we need your commitment that you will work tirelessly for our patients, parents, and partners. At the end of day, our team is committed to helping you succeed at Charlie Health because when you succeed, our patients succeed, and we get one step closer to solving the mental health crisis. We’re hopeful that this role will give you the experience to go and do whatever you want in life but the fulfillment to make you never want to leave our team. We look forward to solving the mental health crisis, together.
Please do not call our public clinical admissions line in regards to this or any other job posting.
At Charlie Health, we value being an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to cultivate an environment where individuals can be their authentic selves. Being an Equal Opportunity Employer means every member of our team feels as though they are supported and belong. We value diverse perspectives to help us provide essential mental health and substance use disorder treatments to all teens and young adults.
Charlie Health applicants are assessed solely on their qualifications for the role, without regard to disability or need for accommodation.