The primary function of the Customer Service Representative (CSR) is to develop and maintain strong customer relationships and systematically process all customer-related inquiries and orders on a daily basis. This individual assists customers and engineers with proper sizing, selection, and application of products, and handles all requests for quotations, customer orders, lead times, and product information. This individual must have excellent active listening and communication skills to efficiently resolve any customer service-related issues. The CSR must be self-motivated, possess a strong attention to detail, manage time efficiently, and work well in a team atmosphere.
1) Receives and processes phone, fax, and electronic requests for product and technical information, pricing, purchase orders, order changes, adjustments, and other servicing requests from customers and/or agents representing products.
2) Prepares appropriate documentation (order acknowledgments, models and drawings, configurations, work orders, pick lists, invoices, etc.) and converts customer supply data into model drawings. May convert model strands to drawings or translate drawings into to data to accurately depict the products and connections required for order entry. Uses necessary software for efficiency and professional outputs.
3) Develops and maintains good rapport with customers and provides superior customer service while representing the Company in a positive and professional manner.
4) Uses software to retrieve customer information, stock and inventory availability, and purchase order status. Ensures that correct codes and data are used when retrieving or entering information.
5) Provides sound judgment and timely follow-up to customer inquiries regarding product availability, order status, delivery information, or problem resolution.
6) Promptly communicates with the customer and handles any problems with professionalism and tact.
7) Maintains accurate active order files and posts activity such as customer change notices, and schedule, shipment, and credit changes. Works to standardize and improve processes related to customer satisfaction, efficiency, and quality.
8) Presents price, credit, and terms in accordance with standard procedures.
9) Increases sales and average order size by means of cross-selling, up-selling, add-on sales, and offering promotional items. Recommends alternate products based upon cost, availability, or specifications.
10) Takes leadership role in handling all customer service issues