Chemonics seeks s throughout the proposal development and project lifecycles and works with others in the department and across the company to ensure that materials are consistent with Chemonics’ corporate brand, are of high quality, and meet the needs of our client. The Writer/Editor will also help establish, maintain, and promote high standards for editing, formatting, writing, and producing proposals and other corporate materials. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide high-quality editing, formatting, and rewriting services for all aspects of new business work and high-level technical deliverables such as final reports.
- Demonstrate and provide excellent customer service by being responsive and prompt with communications.
- Support formatting and production from Microsoft Word to Adobe Acrobat PDF.
- Make suggestions to improve responsiveness to solicitations and contribute broadly as a member of proposal teams.
- Work collaboratively with proposal and project teams to meet needs for proposal and project deliverables consistent with corporate and client standards, including editing U.S. English for U.S.-based clients and British English for U.K.-based clients.
- Contribute positively to a work environment that emphasizes teamwork, respect for differences, and accepting and giving constructive feedback. This includes supporting diversity and inclusion (D&I) efforts within the division as well as company-wide and staying up to date with company-wide D&I efforts to better support supervisees and colleagues.
- Foster and demonstrate a workplace inclusive of creating opportunity, serving others, building trust, innovating, and exceeding expectations.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
- Minimum three years of relevant work experience required
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Knowledge of U.S. English to support communications with U.S.-based clients and familiarity with British English to support communications with U.K.-based clients
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and Adobe Acrobat
- Strong organizational and work prioritization skills, including online file management, and file archiving; word processing skills, including formatting for visual appeal using styles; and overall attention to detail
- Ability to align attention to detail with big-picture goals and explain how edits contribute to those goals
- Strong communication skills in writing and speaking and responsiveness to internal clients
- Demonstrated ability to follow standard practices and procedures, receive general instruction and supervision on work progress, and make significant contributions to end results
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Willingness to travel and work abroad a minimum of four to eight weeks per year
- Knowledge of and interest in company’s main clients and their operations preferred
- Experience living or conducting volunteer work in developing countries preferred
- Proficiency in a foreign language preferred
Apply through our Career Center. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics. Military veterans, AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
COVID-19 Recruitment Information
Chemonics International is monitoring COVID-19 activity around the world. The health and wellbeing of our staff is of the utmost importance to us, and we continue to hire for all open roles with interviewing and on-boarding done virtually. Our new hires and current staff working from our Washington, DC, Arlington, VA, and London offices will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.