The Information Technology Division at CMSBC is currently seeking IT majors to join our team part-time for a 16-week Google Admin internship. A minimum commitment of ten hours per week is required. We are specifically recruiting interns who are interested in learning how to be freelancers in addition to growing their business acumen in a corporate environment. Upon successful completion of the internship, you’ll sit for the Google exam (at our expense) to earn an official Google Administrator Certificate that you can share with prospective employers and your professional network.
During their 16-week internship, CMSBC G-Admin interns will learn how to market themselves to both formal corporate environments and as freelancers by developing mastery in the following:
- create and configure a new Google Workspace account with a primary domain and explore options for provisioning
- manage users
- become familiar with organizational structures
- configure core services such as Gmail and Calendar to meet the needs for different parts of the organization
- protect users and data
- examine user and application security and become familiar with the Single Sign-On (SSO) options available for the organization
- identify security events and risks and mitigate problems that may arise
- configure email compliance and implement measures to protect the organization from spam, spoofing, phishing, and malware attacks
- become familiar with the various mail routing options available
- deploy Google Workspace organization-wide
The ideal candidates will be proficient in both the Google Workspace environment (including competencies in GMail, Google Drive, Google Chat, and Google Calendar) and in Microsoft Office 365 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook). Since this is a work-from-home opportunity, some flexibility with your availability to accommodate synchrony with management’s schedules would be appreciated.
We expect you to not only build your business acumen and hireability during this internship by gaining valuable administrative skill sets and learning about workplace interactions, but also by gaining further insight into your professional interests. In addition to your IT responsibilities, you will complete various adjunct tasks related to department initiatives, and collaborate with industry experts. These include, and are not limited to, assisting in daily departmental activities, taking part in special projects, and lending a hand with research.
We care about your expectations too. In your cover letter, please address what your expectations are, what you’re looking for in your internship, and your goals for the internship. CMSBC hires interns who demonstrate a strong interest in pursuing a career in one of our service sectors, are conscientious, and have a commitment to rigor. We also value the ability to thrive in a team environment, creativity, flexibility, problem-solving abilities, as well as strong written and verbal communication skills.
CMSBC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally- protected characteristics.