The Human Resources Department at CMSBC is currently seeking Human Resource, Education, and Psychology majors to join our Summer Internship Program as Onboarding Specialists, to help new interns adjust well to our work environment. HR Onboarding Specialist responsibilities include communicating company and position details to new hires before their start date, gathering necessary paperwork and scheduling first days. If you have an interest in HR and a flair for interacting with people, we’d like to meet you. Ultimately, you will organize and facilitate our company’s onboarding procedures for new hires.
- Creating clear policies and employee handbooks that explain company operations
- Crafting and sending emails with information about the company and position, including work schedules, dress code and parking options
- Preparing onboarding kits (e.g. stationary, T-shirts and mugs)
- Welcoming new interns upon their arrival and giving them an office tour
- Introducing team members
- Gathering and processing paperwork, like contracts and non-disclosure agreements
- Coordinating company presentations and product demos
- Informing interns on their first tasks (e.g. which programs to download and how to activate their accounts)
- Ensuring new interns have technical assistance to properly set up their hardware and software
- Distributing manuals, passwords and guidelines, as needed
Solid communication skills (verbal and written), team spirit, and an ability to handle sensitive and confidential information are required. The ideal candidates will also be proficient in both Google Workspace (including competencies in GMail, Google Drive, Google Chat, and Google Calendar) and in Microsoft Office 365 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook). Since some parts of this opportunity will be work-from-home, flexibility with your availability would be appreciated so as to accommodate management’s schedules.
In addition to your recruiting responsibilities, you will participate in other department initiatives, and collaborate with industry experts. CMSBC welcomes interns who demonstrate a strong interest in our company’s mission, are conscientious, and have a commitment to public service. We also value interns who possess the ability to thrive in a team environment, are creative problem-solvers, and have strong critical thinking skills.
CMSBC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally- protected characteristics.