The Human Resources Department at CMSBC is currently seeking Human Resource, Sales and Marketing, and Psychology majors to join our Summer Internship Program as Recruiting & Selection Assistants. We are specifically looking for interns with great salesmanship abilities, and the realization that recruiting goes hand-in-hand with promotion of our corporate culture.
Here are a handful of the top qualities that make a great recruiter. Do you tick the boxes?
- Confidence: Not only should a top recruiter be confident in interacting with a large number of people, they should also be confident in the skills they can offer to clients and candidates
- Good Communication Skills: An adept recruiter needs to keep both the client and candidate up-to-date in the recruiting process
- Approachable Demeanor: An asset of any great recruiter is to have the ability to build positive, professional relationships with clients and candidates.
- Good Listener: Although talking is a large part of the job, it is equally important to hear out the needs and requirements of your clients and candidates
- Strong Sales Skills: Being able to sell a job to candidates is essential in growing any company
- Target-Driven: Working well under pressure, with a goal in mind, will be a huge advantage to any successful recruiter
- Good at Multitasking: Being able to switch from recruiting for one job to another, recruiters need to be able to prioritize more urgent job roles
- Patience: Finding the right candidate for the right job is tough! Being able to remain professional during rounds where nobody seems to be a right fit, or if an interview needs to be rescheduled, will help you in the long run.
The ideal candidates will be proficient in both Google Workspace (including competencies in GMail, Google Drive, Google Chat, and Google Calendar) and in Microsoft Office 365 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook). Since some parts of this opportunity will be work-from-home, flexibility with your availability would be appreciated so as to accommodate management’s schedules.
In addition to your recruiting responsibilities, you will participate in other department initiatives, and collaborate with industry experts.
CMSBC welcomes interns who demonstrate a strong interest in our company’s mission, are conscientious, and have a commitment to public service. We also value interns who possess the ability to thrive in a team environment, are creative problem-solvers, and have strong critical thinking skills.
CMSBC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally- protected characteristics.