CECP is a CEO led coalition that believes that a company’s social strategy — how it engages with key stakeholders including employees, communities, investors, and customers —determines company success.
Founded in 1999 by actor and philanthropist Paul Newman and other business leaders to create a better world through business, CECP has grown to a movement of more than 200 of the world’s largest companies that represent $6.6 trillion in revenues, $21.2 billion in societal investment, 14 million employees, and $15 trillion in assets under management. CECP helps companies transform their social strategy by providing customized connections and networking, counsel and support, benchmarking and trends, and awareness building and recognition.
As CECP’s capital markets engagement arm, the Sustainable Business Center of Excellence helps companies identify and navigate the sustainable business opportunities and risks material to their industries. The team focuses on supporting CEOs with effectively communicating their forward-looking sustainability strategies and in delivering value to investors and other key stakeholders. Through our proprietary research, events, and sustainable business solutions, the team advises corporate executives on matters such as stakeholder capitalism and engagement, corporate purpose, sustainable finance, best practices for integrating ESG into their decision-making processes, and the importance of long-term shared value creation.
CECP commits to and promotes anti-racism, anti-discrimination, and diversity, equity, and inclusion in our organization and with our affiliated companies and their leaders. We prohibit discrimination and provide equal opportunities in a respectful environment for all individuals and partnerships, regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, mental health, disability, religious beliefs, marital status, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran status, citizenship, or any other status that may or may not be protected by law or local policies. We advocate as an organization and for our coalition companies to denounce racism, hate, injustice, and prejudice against individuals, communities, and around the world. We have written anti-racism, anti-discrimination, and diversity, equity, and inclusion policies and practices. We do not discriminate in our societal, philanthropic, and business decisions; we encourage and support our affiliated companies to do the same.
The Strategy & Growth team is seeking a motivated candidate for a part-time, six month Internship to assist with grant funding research, and overall support for the advancement of our Sustainable Business Center of Excellence. The Strategy and Growth Intern will report to the Senior Manager, Strategy in CECP’s Strategy & Growth team.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Analyzing CECP’s Sustainable Business products, data, strengths, etc. and the stakeholder forces influencing corporate issuers (consumers, investors, regulators, competitors, employees, communities, etc) to identify opportunities for CECP to create value for our affiliate companies.
- Building processes to advance CECP’s customer discover and idea incubation capabilities.
- Researching and preparing proposals for Foundation grants.
- Joining virtual meetings and events with companies and capturing notes and next steps to produce summaries and key takeaways as marketing content.
- Supporting with thought leadership content when neededCollaborate with CECP staffers on special projects as needed.
Hours and duration:
- Part time
- Flexible hours based on schedule: typically three days a week, 10 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Duration: 6 months with the potential to extend and the opportunity to be hired full-time.
This job is for you if you have:
- Patience, curiosity, and organization skills to complete secondary research (desktop).
- Willingness to start with big ideas and transform them into reality, iterating concepts until viable processes and approaches are ready to launch
- Comfort with drawing attention to the possible linkages between data points, trends, and concepts
- Strong writing and editing skills and ability to develop written content quickly.
- Proficiency creating Excel workbooks and Powerpoint decks.
- The ability to undertake multiple tasks, under time pressure, in a careful, timely manner; the ability to move easily between multiple projects.
- Strong task management and organizational skills.
- 2-3 years of prior internship, volunteer, or professional experience.
- Comfortable beginner’s working knowledge of and a strong interest in growing your knowledge of today’s sustainable business landscape, including the role and expectations of investors and ESG disclosure standard setters (SASB, TCFD),
- Experience and competence in working independently and as part of a team.
It’s a plus if you are:
- Experienced with Bloomberg Terminal