Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick (CCK) is a private, public-interest law firm offering rewarding work with a focus on disabled military veterans and their families, as well as a wide range of other individuals who have been denied life, health, and disability benefits. As a team, we are committed to equality and inclusion in the workplace and seek to hire well-qualified and highly motivated individuals who best represent the diversity of our clients. CCK is seeking a Client Development Paralegal to join our growing team in our Providence, RI office.
Your mission would be to establish the firm’s relationship with qualified potential clients by conducting interviews via telephone. The Client Development Call Center Representative/Paralegal is the initial point of contact for all potential new clients seeking assistance with Veterans’ Benefits and ERISA & Insurance matters. You would need to learn about our law practice areas and become conversant with the legal issues facing our clients. CCK provides this training. This important role involves high volume internal and outbound phone work and completion of administrative duties related to client intake and retention.
- Serve as point of contact for potential clients throughout the intake process
- Manage large amounts of inbound and outbound calls in a timely manner
- Clear, concise, and accurate written and verbal communication
- Following communication “scripts” when handling different topics
- Learn about CCK’s practice areas and become conversant with the legal issues facing our clients
- Demonstrate empathy to potential clients and put them at ease during their difficult time
- Provide detailed written summaries about potential clients’ needs to attorneys
- Request and review all necessary documents from potential clients
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of one year client facing experience
- Ability to make or receive calls for a minimum of 6-8 hours per day
- Excellent communication skills and telephone etiquette
- Capable of making sound judgments and decisions
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong multitasking skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, constantly changing, and challenging call center environment
- Multiple language skills a plus
- Due to COVID-19, this position may require work from home or modified work in office as CCK’s business needs require. Therefore, you would need to provide a quiet space to work at home and handle phone calls, as well as a reliable high-speed internet connection. When CCK deems it appropriate, this position will be required to report to the CCK Headquarters in Providence, RI daily.
- Hours are Monday – Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Starting annual salary is $41,600
- Comprehensive benefit plans including, health, disability, and life insurance; 401(k) retirement plan; paid time off; a wellness reward program; and much more.
- ** Monthly financial incentives are awarded to individuals meeting personal qualitative and quantitative targets