Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick (CCK) is a private, public-interest law firm offering rewarding work with a focus on disabled military veterans and their families, as well as a wide range of other individuals who have been denied life, health, and disability benefits. As a team, we are committed to equality and inclusion in the workplace and seek to hire well-qualified and highly motivated individuals who best represent the diversity of our clients. CCK is seeking a Document Review Paralegal to join our growing team in Providence, RI.
This is an ideal position for recent college graduates looking to gain substantial experience in the legal field with opportunities for advancement. This position involves reviewing and analyzing client case files electronically to support the team representing our clients.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Reviewing clients’ claims files electronically;
- Mapping out significant information within the claims file;
- Locating all necessary information within the claims file to better assist the team representing the client;
- Analyzing complex legal documents;
- Providing a synopsis of the claims file to Claims Advocates and Attorneys working on the cases.
A successful candidate must be detail-oriented, eager to learn, able to work well both independently and in a team environment, and able take direction well. Internal growth opportunities, including leadership opportunities, for individuals who demonstrate a strong work ethic, a passion for making a difference, and an eagerness to learn.
Education & Experience:
- Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree; the field of the degree can vary.
- Prior professional office experience is preferred, but not required.
- Prior working experience with Microsoft Office, Outlook, and Excel is preferred, but not required.
- Due to the unforeseen circumstances with COVID-19, this position is temporarily training and working remotely. Therefore, access to internet connection with a router/modem, and a quiet workspace is required. When CCK deems it appropriate, this position will be required to report to the CCK Headquarters in Providence, RI daily.
- Hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM or 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM;
- Smart casual attire; and,
- Internal training provided.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Starting annual salary is $31,200;
- Eligible for a monthly incentive program after probationary period based on business needs;
- Comprehensive benefit plans including health, disability, and life insurance benefits; 401(k) plan; paid time off; and a wellness reward program.