CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS has an exciting opportunity in our Country Operations Division. We are looking for an EHS Education and Training Intern to assist the Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) Department in developing special projects beneficial for the Country Operations Business Units. You must be able to make decisions, work independently, and be detail oriented with excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Developing interactive Environmental, Health and Safety education materials (videos, PowerPoints, one-page fact sheets, etc.) for operational employees such as emergency plan, fall protection, fire protection and hot work, etc.
- Developing expectations videos such as “CHS Injury Illness Prevention Program Training”, “CHS Vehicle Use”, and/or “Country Operations Contractor Safety Expectations”.
- Developing and deploying fleet improvement topics pertaining to regulatory findings on brakes, tires, safety equipment, etc.
- Developing 5-minute safety talks/educational materials to deploy via learning management system software.
- Evaluating educational/learning events and methods to communicate overall expectations and performance of all CO personnel to various leaders (status of participation/education/training sessions).
- Communicating various EHS topics via standardized communication platforms such as Safety Made Simple and other learning management systems (LMS).
- Acting as a communication resource and engaging leadership to develop videos for deployment on communication platforms such as weekly briefs, frontline briefs, and other communication tools.
- You will also perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- Current enrollment in an under-graduate or graduate level media, organizational development, graphic arts, learning development, sales/marketing or related degree programs
- Experience with photo and video media
- Basic understanding of LMS and development of learning platforms
- Basic understanding of adult learning styles and creative approach methodologies
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
- Experience in public speaking/presentations and/or curriculum development
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances and work on special projects with limited daily interactions
- Ability to work remote
- Agriculture experience
- Current enrollment in an under-graduate or graduate level environmental, health, and safety or related degree program
- Understanding of regulatory standards and basic understanding of physics, math and industrial hygiene
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Effective January 6, 2020, the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) requires employers to conduct a pre-employment verification full query against the newly established License Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse prior to beginning employment in a position that requires a valid commercial driver’s license (CDL). Candidates seeking employment in a position that requires a commercial motor vehicle license must voluntarily enter their information into the FMCSA and must provide disclosure authorization, at the time of offer, to CHS or an authorized third-party agent of CHS to verify the information.