CAI, a training, technical assistance, and research-to-practice nonprofit organization, is seeking a highly motivated and organizationally skilled professional for the full-time position of HIV Data Expert/Technical Advisor. This individual will be responsible for leading the design and provision of data-related technical assistance (TA) through several projects funded by the Health Resources and Services Administration HIV/AIDS Bureau (HRSA HAB), including the DISQ (Data Integration, Systems & Quality Technical Assistance) and TAP-in (Technical Assistance Provider – innovation network) projects. The HIV Data Expert/Technical Advisor will work hand-in-hand with the Project Director(s) and other project staff to lead efforts to improve collection, integration, reporting, and use of data among Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program (RWHAP)-funded recipients and providers, including Ending the HIV Epidemic in the U.S. (EHE providers). Types of data will include but not be limited to HIV Surveillance, Medicaid RSR, EHE Triannual Report, Pharmacy, EHR, etc.. The HIV Data Expert/Technical Advisor will have a deep understanding of RWHAP data systems and applied experience working at either the jurisdiction or sub-recipient level. This position may be based in any of CAI’s offices (New York City, Albany, Buffalo, Atlanta, Denver, or Los Angeles), and we are open to remote candidates based elsewhere in the United States.
MAJOR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES (INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO)
- Lead efforts to support RWHAP-funded jurisdictions and subrecipients in their data TA needs and maximize their use of data and performance measures to meet RWHAP and EHE goals.
- Lead strategy across projects at CAI to RWHAP-related technical support for the HRSA DISQ (Data Integration, Systems, & Quality Technical Assistance) Project, HRSA HAB TAP-in (Technical Assistance Provider- innovation network) Project, to all Parts of the RWHAP.
- Design TA and trainings in data management, performance measurement, evaluation, and policy research, to support providers in achieving their goals defined in their work plans.
- Facilitate the design and delivery of web-based, distance learning capacity building strategies including, but not limited to: organizing and facilitating web-based and distance webcast training series; facilitating learning communities and communities of practice; providing and facilitating individualized, expert and peer-to-peer coaching and mentoring experiences; ensuring access to web-based resources.
- Support EHE funded jurisdictions and RWHAP-funded agencies in creation and/or use of relational databases, enhancing data collection, reporting, systems, and guidance systems
- Support EHE funded jurisdictions and RWHAP-funded agencies in identifying feasible data sources, meaningful performance measures to track progress of interventions, and strengthening processes and data systems for collecting, extracting, and reporting data
- Facilitate presentation of data in new and interpretive formats using maps and data dashboards
- Communicate topics related to data infrastructure and reporting effectively to RWHAP program staff with varying professional roles and backgrounds.
- Work collaboratively with internal and external partners to optimize provision of technical assistance and provide leadership in technical support in RWHAP data and analytics at CAI.
- Serve as liaison between RWHAP field and HRSA HAB, the funder, to understand and communicate reporting requirements and changes and their impact on recipients and providers.
- Assist in preparation of project-related reports, funding proposals, and research and evaluation findings.
- Develop, coordinate and oversee the dissemination of project evaluation or research findings through written, web-based, tabular and PowerPoint presentations.
- Other duties as necessary/assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND OTHER REQUIRED SKILLS:
This is an advanced level position that requires specialized skills in application of RWHAP data analysis. Summary of requirements is provided below.
- Master’s degree in public health (or related field) preferred with experience in design and delivery of capacity building services to improve the efficacy of public health strategies and enhance outcomes.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in related field (knowledge of HRSA/HAB Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program required), including work on data collection, quality, reporting, and/or continuous quality improvement.
- High-level understanding of relational databases, data structure and format. Including experience designing data collection and reporting forms, systems and guidance
- Experience analyzing data, using data for program monitoring and evaluation, and CQI
- Experience with data visualization software Tableau or PowerBI
- Advanced knowledge of application of software to facilitate data analysis required, as well as advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word/Excel/Access/PowerPoint/Outlook (familiarity with Intuit Quick Base, Jira or other web-based data management systems a plus).
- Project management to achieve work plan objectives, engaging team resources effectively, and demonstrated skills in project coordination and project management.
- Detail oriented, highly organized and ability to multi-task/manage multiple projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, as well as ability to deal with partners and public (including funders, grantees, government bodies, people with questions, etc.)
In keeping with CAI’s “safety first” approach during the COVID-19 epidemic, to ensure the health of our employees and the public whom we interact with, we are requiring all CAI employees to receive COVID-19 vaccinations within 6 weeks of their hire date. (If someone is unable to obtain a vaccine due to a medical/disability or religious reason, they may contact CAI’s HR department; contact information will be provided as part of the interview process.)
HOW TO APPLY:
The salary range for this position is $80,000- $100,000, with excellent benefits and working conditions. Apply for this job.