CAI, a training, technical assistance, and research-to-practice nonprofit organization, is seeking a highly motivated professional for the full-time position of Materials Development Specialist to work with CAI’s Technical Assistance Provider – innovation network (TAP-in). The preference is for this position to be based in CAI’s New York City, Atlanta, Denver, or Los Angeles office, but we are open to remote candidates based elsewhere in the U.S.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES
CAI’s Technical Assistance Provider – innovation network (TAP-in) provides cross-cutting and tailored technical assistance (TA) to 47 jurisdictions (i.e., state and local health departments) across the nation. The jurisdictions are funded by the Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program (RWHAP) to design and implement locally tailored plans to improve access to treatment, foster retention in services, and achieve durable viral suppression for people with HIV as part of the nation’s plan to End the HIV Epidemic (EHE).
The Materials Development Specialist reports to the CAI Director of Curriculum Development and is responsible for working with the TAP-in team to contribute to developing curricula, webinars, playbooks, materials for learning collaboratives, and e-learning courses, and providing quality assurance reviews. This responsibility includes strategically thinking through course design, writing content in collaboration with content experts, writing curricula, storyboarding for topics related to HIV and EHE (e.g., housing, substance use disorder, cluster detection and response, trauma informed care, etc.), and providing quality assurance of storyboards and programmed modules. A key part of this role will be to take leadership on developing certain assigned curricula, webinars, and e-learning modules. For those projects, the Materials Development Specialist will conduct research and work with content experts to become an expert on the topic to communicate key concepts effectively. This person will work with the TAP-in project team as well as the CAI Communications and Curriculum Development departments to ensure that all products meet CAI standards of excellence for materials design that are in line with adult learning theory, cognitive learning principles, industry best practices around instructional design, and 508-compliance. It is essential that the candidate possesses excellent writing and editing skills, has the ability to establish cooperative working relationships, and be to analyze and research content materials. Attention to detail is a major requirement of this position. The Materials Development Specialistshould feel comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and taking initiative in developing programs and processes for materials development.
MAJOR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES (INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO)
- Contribute to the design of curricula, webinars, playbooks, PowerPoints, and e-learning courses and modules using principles of instructional design and adult learning and industry best practices.
- Conduct research and work with content experts to write and script content for curricula, webinars and e-learning modules based on the agreed upon design.
- Write curricula, participant manuals, worksheets, and other materials to support learning collaboratives and technical assistance delivery.
- Storyboard e-learning modules, including selecting interactive exercises and relevant graphics to enhance learning.
- Work with the Communications Department, content experts and other instructional design experts at CAI to incorporate feedback into curricula and storyboards.
- Research and communicate shifting trends in curricula, webinars and e-learning, advising CAI on the adoption of new formats and technologies.
- Work with the Director of Curriculum Development to ensure that all projects are being supported by the Curriculum and Distance Learning departments in a strategic way that supports and fosters CAI’s growth and reputation.
- Uphold and demonstrate core CAI corporate values.
- Other duties as necessary/assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND OTHER REQUIRED SKILLS:
Expertise in providing quality management support in a public health arena, preferred. Summary of requirements is provided below.
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in education, instructional design, public health, or another health-related field and/or 4 years of experience in curriculum development, educational communication and technology, adult learning, instructional design, or similar program focusing on adult learning and technology
- Strong editing and research skills
- Experience with the design and development of online trainings, in-person trainings or webinars
- Knowledge of adult and cognitive learning theories
- Experience developing training products for health-related fields (trainer’s manuals, playbooks, toolkits, PowerPoint slides, storyboards for eLearning modules, live and animated video scripts, etc.)
- Experience with developing live virtual trainings using the functions of Zoom (e.g., annotate, polling, etc.)
- Experience with developing storyboards that are 508-compliant to be produced in Lectora
- Experience with writing scripts for 508-compliant live and animated videos for educational purposes
- Strong Microsoft Word and PowerPoint skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of an interdisciplinary team, in a fast-paced environment
- Detail oriented, highly organized, and able to multi-task/manage multiple projects
- Familiarity with public health issues, particularly HIV treatment and care
OTHER PREFERRED SKILLS
- Project management and coordination
- Knowledge of training and professional development methodologies
- Demonstrated ability to manage complexities and prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to work productively in highly collaborative settings while also able to function independently
- Demonstrated ability to interact professionally with culturally diverse staff, clients, and consultants
In keeping with CAI’s “safety first” approach during the COVID-19 epidemic, to ensure the health of our employees and the public whom we interact with, we are requiring all CAI employees to receive COVID-19 vaccinations within 6 weeks of their hire date. (If someone is unable to obtain a vaccine due to a medical/disability or religious reason, they may contact CAI’s HR department; contact information will be provided as part of the interview process.)
HOW TO APPLY:
The salary range for this position is $80,000- $90,000, with excellent benefits and working conditions. Apply for this job.