Exciting Career Opportunity: Field Representative
Join the dynamic team of Field Representatives and be at the forefront of maintaining and enhancing city services. This role is not just a job; it’s an adventure in public service!
What You Will Do:
- Conduct field investigations in response to citizen complaints, ensuring the city’s high standards of service are upheld.
- Inspect businesses for compliance with city ordinances and licensing requirements.
- Enforce city codes and regulations, contributing to the well-being of the community.
- Handle abandoned vehicles, enforcing regulations to maintain city aesthetics.
- Investigate water bill inquiries and deliver water shut-off notices, playing a crucial role in water service management.
- Actively participate in court proceedings as a witness, upholding justice and city ordinances.
- Prepare detailed reports of your findings and actions, showcasing your analytical skills.
- Engage in diverse duties, ensuring every day offers a new challenge.
Why You Should Apply:
- Attractive Wage Increases: Enjoy a series of scheduled wage increases, including a 5% raise effective 1/1/24, and every six months until 2026 (see original job bulletin for details).
- Retirement Benefits: Benefit from automatic enrollment in the San Diego City Employees Retirement System (SDCERS) for eligible employees.
- Career Advancement: Opportunity to advance to Senior Backflow and Cross Connection Specialist with the required certification.
- Dynamic Work Environment: Engage in various physical activities and interact with diverse public members, ensuring a dynamic and engaging workday.
- Comprehensive Requirements: Candidates with experience in field investigations, customer service, or related areas are encouraged to apply.
- Six months of full-time experience performing field investigations, inspections, or enforcement duties.
- One year of full-time experience working in a customer service environment in which the PRIMARY duties are interpreting policies and procedures, resolving customer issues/complaints, and providing information regarding company services.
- A valid California Class C Driver’s License is required at the time of hire.
- Experience providing information to the public in person.
- Experience reading meters.
- Experience working in the building trades.
- Experience working for a public or private utility company.
Join our team and be a part of a rewarding career that makes a real difference in the community! Apply now to embark on this exciting journey.