MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN LOCAL COMMUNITIES!
The Local Government Commission’s AmeriCorps programs offer a unique opportunity for individuals that are passionate about environmental and community resilience to build professional experience in the sector through national service.
Don’t miss your chance to join this statewide force of emerging leaders driving climate solutions, equity and mobilizing communities on effective climate action!
DEADLINE TO APPLY is March 30, 2021
FOR MORE INFORMATION AND TO APPLY, PLEASE VISIT:
OVERVIEW OF PROGRAMS AND ROLE
CivicSpark is a Governor’s Initiative AmeriCorps program where Fellows focus on planning and policy support to build local government capacity to address resilience challenges and create lasting impact in California communities.
CivicSpark Fellows will focus on projects in partnership with local governments such as:
- Climate mitigation, adaptation and decarbonization
- Water policy and management
- Affordable housing and sustainable mobility
- Rural broadband
- Equity and environmental justice
Climate Action Corps is part of a larger statewide network, focused on engaging Californians in direct climate action to help protect vulnerable communities against the impacts of climate change.
Climate Action Corps Fellows will focus on projects in partnership with vulnerable communities such as:
- Urban greening
- Food waste recovery
- Home hardening
- Water and energy efficiency
CivicSpark and Climate Action Corps FELLOW BENEFITS
- $22,000 Living Allowance
- $6,345 Segal Education Award
- SNAP Food Stamps (if eligible)
- Student loan forbearance (if eligible)
- Child Care assistance (if eligible)
- Professional development training
- Network development
- CivicSpark, CAC and AmeriCorps alumni support
We are an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- Be a citizen, national, or lawful permanent resident alien of the United States*
- Ability to pass FBI, CA DOJ, out-of-state, and NSOPR background checks prior to service
CivicSpark & Climate Action Corps Requirements
- Minimum of a 2-year AA degree from an accredited college or university
- Commitment to the full term of service (11 months, 1,700 + hours)
- Ability to work in a professional setting (potentially remote)
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- A degree in a related field
- One year of relevant experience
- Past service experience (e.g., volunteering, community service, etc.)
- Experience with, or training in, outreach, facilitation and/or education
- Being local to the community you will serve in.
- Experience with project implementation
- Comfort with quantitative work, including data collection and analysis
Temporary / Seasonal