The Clark Associates Companies are looking for a Benefits Assistant to join our rapidly growing company. This position reports directly to the Director of Benefits & Employment Support and plays an integral role in delivering the optimal benefits package to our employees through creative solutions and tools, excellent customer service and timely and accurate administration.
- Analyze benefit package evaluating the use, services, coverage, effectiveness, cost and provide recommendations for enhancement
- Design material and create tools that effectively communicate the benefits package offerings
- Stay current with industry trends and provide recommendations for new benefit offerings and vendors
- Conduct employee benefit meetings for monthly and open enrollments for insurance and 401k plans
- Coordinate monthly and open enrollment processing inclusive of mid-year qualifying life event requests
- Perform monthly enrollment and premium audits for all benefit plans
- Serve as benefits point of contact for employees, managers, benefits specialists and external vendors
- Partner with executive team, managers and benefits staff in promoting various company projects and initiatives
- Maintain HRIS system upkeep and provide project oversight to HRIS system enhancements
- Maintain confidentiality and professionalism when handling sensitive and confidential company/employee information
- Assist with a variety of duties such as pre-employment, onboarding, employment verifications, unemployment, leave requests and policy creation and revision
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Thrives in an environment that encourages change, creative solutions and operating with an ownership perspective
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Fosters an environment conducive to open, transparent communication across all levels of the company
- Driven, self-motivated and possess a passion for excellence
- Critical thinker with desire to improve efficiency
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field
- Knowledgeable of federal, state, and local laws and regulations governing benefit plans/administration
- 1-2 years of progressive experience desired
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package including paid time off, a competitive medical, dental and vision insurance package, 401K match and wellness programs.
If you’re ready for a challenge and have the ambition to succeed in a fast paced, growing industry, we’d love to discuss this position with you!