Clark Associates, Inc. is the fastest growing distributor of foodservice equipment and supplies in the country. Products are sold through three channels of distribution, including TheWebstaurantstore.com (e-commerce model), The Restaurant Stores (cash & carry model), and Clark Food Service Equipment (traditional dealer model). The procurement department is responsible for managing the 310,000+ items available to those channels. Our approach to business is how well we can service the customer. In procurement, we work hard to offer the broadest and best assortment of product, the best price and value, and to always be in stock.
As a Category Analyst you will be an integral part of the procurement team. A Category Analyst is responsible for monitoring and reporting category growth and trends, and researching pricing and product line assortment for their category. While a Category Analyst will be an out of the box thinker, they must also be able to effectively compile their data findings and be comfortable presenting their ideas to stakeholders of their category. Candidates should be confident, creative and desire to make an immediate impact on a busy and growing company.
- Working with the Category Manager to research and add new items within assigned category
- Collaborating with marketing teams to promote product lines creatively and effectively
- Researching and strategizing growing market trends to maximize profitability
- Executing enhancements to improve website effectiveness and shop-ability
- Monitoring and reporting category sales growth
- Creating and executing projects to increase sales and gross profit
- Executing product comparisons and analyzing results
- Product testing to ensure quality and consistency
- Strong communicator
- Creative and innovative thinker
- Accurate data reporting and analysis skills
- Confident and persuasive
- Can prioritize and manage many ongoing projects
- Organized and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong computer skills; emphasis in Excel
No industry knowledge is required for this position, as you will receive extensive training. We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package including paid time off, a competitive medical/dental insurance package, 401K match, and wellness programs. Employees appreciate using our onsite gym facilities or benefiting from the gym membership reimbursement program.
Our onsite café allows employees the chance to enjoy fresh, healthy meals without leaving the office! Clark Associates often rewards our hardworking employees with fun events and perks to show our appreciation for their dedication and purposeful work towards our company growth — catered holiday meals, bringing in popular food trucks, and team building events are just a few things we do to promote an enjoyable, positive work environment for everyone.
This is not a home based position. You must be able to work out of our office in Lancaster, PA. Please include a cover letter with your application.