Patent Agent – Biologist
Clark+Elbing. Scientists at law.
Clark+Elbing is a top-tier intellectual property (IP) law firm focused on protecting and promoting innovations in life science, chemistry, devices, and diagnostics. Founded in 1996 by a group with a shared passion for science, our firm has a long-held reputation as a premier law firm for patents. We are proud to offer a robust team of IP attorneys with advanced degrees in science who are supported by a group of Patent Agent and Technology Specialist Ph.D.s who are at the forefront of scientific innovation.
Clark+Elbing LLP is seeking scientists in the fields of cell and molecular biology, biochemistry, and immunology for the position of Patent Agent.
Successful candidates will possess 3+ years of experience in patent drafting and patent prosecution as well as possess excellent analytical and communications skills. They must also think, write, and speak clearly. Candidates for the position of Patent Agent must hold a Ph.D. or equivalent degree in a biological science and a USPTO Registration number.
Our Patent Agents are called upon to apply their extensive substantive knowledge to:
- Draft and assist in the prosecution of patent applications.
- Develop, write and edit material for reports, opinion letters, applications and related technical publications concerned with scientific work methods, procedures and inventions in their scientific field.
- Analyze, review and prepare licenses agreements, investor due diligence studies and opinion letters concerning patents and patent applications.
- Prepare and review patent applications by applying high level substantive knowledge of biological science, current research, scientific methods and analysis.
- Assist Partners and Patent Attorneys with advice to clients concerning patentability of inventions, infringement of patents and validity of patents.
Clark+Elbing principally builds its professional staff by hiring strong Ph.D. scientists as Patent Agents, who are trained, encouraged to pass the patent bar, and supported through law school.
If you are interested in applying for a legal position at Clark+Elbing, please send an email to Dawn Langan, Human Resources Director at email@example.com. Please include a cover letter, résumé, and a recent writing sample.