About the Internship:
Clarus Commerce is currently looking for a college student to come work with our Accounting and Finance team for an eight-week paid summer internship! We are seeking an energetic, responsible intern from June 7th to August 13th. In this position, you will work with the team to account for financial activities and analyze the financial performance of the company and its IT-driven marketing service products. You will analyze the business consequences of the company’s financial and operational activities. To do so, you will compile data, develop reports, and present financial information and analysis to business teams. This Intern will support our current Accounting Manager and Financial Analysts using applications including: Sage Intacct, Tableau, Adaptive and Excel.
This internship is approximately a 35 hours/week commitment, Monday through Friday, $16.00/hour. This internship will be fully remote, as the Company is still working from home due to Covid-19. You’ll enjoy our progressive company culture, collaborative style, our hustle, career development opportunities, and being fully immersed in the day-to-day business operations here at Clarus. We look forward to reviewing your application.
Intern Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support accounting manager and financial analysts, Controller and CFO as required.
- Coordinate day-to-day activities to support Accounting and Finance special projects
- Help ensure compliance with financial reporting requirements by driving completion of Support Accounting and Finance special projects and process improvement initiatives
- Assist with the preparation of bi-weekly and monthly reporting
- Support month-end financial closings
- Assist with the preparation of journal entries
- Assist in preparing monthly account reconciliations
- Review and analyze daily revenue activity
Desired Skills and Experience:
The ideal candidate will be working towards an Accounting and/or Finance degree and will have demonstrated the following characteristics:
- Currently a college student and will still be a college student this coming June-August 2021
- Must be 18 years of age
- Knowledge of U.S. GAAP and financial accounting concepts
- Ability to assist in analyzing financial results to drive decision making
- Understand how information systems support efficient accounting and finance processes
- Strong desire to learn and take on additional responsibility and willingness to take direction
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel a plus
Clarus Commerce is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. As such we are collecting this data from applicants. Completion of this data is voluntary and will not affect your opportunity for employment or terms or conditions of employment. This data will be used for reporting purposes only and will be kept separate from all other personnel records and only accessed by the Human Resources Department. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.