ClearPath Strategies is a boutique research and consulting firm that serves global leaders in technology, politics, business, and progressive advocacy organizations. With cross-domain expertise and market positioning that enables us to connect how the world works today with what it will become, we dedicate ourselves to our mission of promoting game-changing leaders and progressive forces around the world who tirelessly strive to make life better for more people. We help good people do great things that impact people in a positive way – and we have fun doing it.
ClearPath has a long track record of implementing research-based strategic advice and campaign and marketing support, directly advising a range of clients, including some of the world’s most renowned political leaders and issue advocacy organizations, and ensuring their goals are fully met. Our robust client portfolio includes diverse technology clients from Silicon Valley (e.g., Airbnb, Google, Stripe), large consulting firms, non-profit advocacy clients (focused on environmental sustainability, vaccine hesitancy, civil rights, open source, among others), and international political leaders (across a range of positions from Presidents to Mayors in Africa, Europe, the Indian subcontinent, Latin America, and Southeast Asia).
Since its founding in 2013, ClearPath has continued to expand its footprint – in clients, revenue, impact, and investments in our people. We have grown steadily to 10 employees, are continuing to add new talent at all levels, and are constantly furthering a culture centered on teamwork, excellent delivery, individual growth, and respect for diversity and inclusion. ClearPath’s remote-first mindset allows our colleagues to virtually collaborate and engage with clients across multiple time zones, while maintaining a flexible approach to personal needs. We deeply trust each other and have built a collaborative environment with communication tools to keep people connected and accessible.
Interns at ClearPath Strategies have an immersive experience, providing administrative and project support to team members while gaining valuable skills to kickstart an emerging career in the public opinion research and strategy space. Working alongside a variety of Analysts and project leaders, you will be exposed to real industry challenges and understand how a consultancy like ClearPath provides critical solutions to help clients meet and exceed their goals! Please note that this is a paid internship.
No day will be the same at ClearPath, and we’re looking for passionate, curious, and team-oriented individuals who are eager to work in a fast-paced environment to ensure outstanding client delivery. As an Intern, you’ll flex between administrative and coordinator-focused tasks, learn about project lifecycles and research methodologies, and be closely mentored by seasoned leaders who will give you practical advice to ensure your success, both at ClearPath and throughout your career.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
You are a candidate who:
- Is mission-driven with interest in politics, global affairs, campaign-thinking, social sciences and public opinion research.
- Has a healthy intellectual curiosity; you enjoy learning about new places and new issues and like taking on different challenges and tasks each day.
- Can execute a strong work ethic in a flexible environment, is team-oriented, and has a sense of humor.
And you meet most or all of these technical qualifications:
- Undergraduate student pursuing a degree in a social sciences, political science, communications or related field. Experience with qualitative and/or quantitative research in the classroom or project setting is preferred.
- Foundational project management skills: is organized, detailed-oriented, works well in a collaborative setting, and is able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities. Must be comfortable operating in a remote setting, collaborating virtually while remaining engaged with colleagues.
- Understanding of political campaigns and/or paid or unpaid campaign experience strongly desired.
- Strong analytical, communication and interpersonal skills, including comfort supporting team members and senior leaders.
- Proficiency with MS Office and Google Suite applications, especially PowerPoint and Google Slides, a must.
- Additional qualifications (preferred, not required): proposal writing experience, social listening & online conversation analysis, and/or advanced quantitative research skills (e.g. regressions, max/diff, conjoint, cluster/factor analysis, segmentation or other methods).