Hibbing Taconite is a leading iron ore mining company which began production in 1976 and has an annual plant capacity of 8.0 million tons of iron ore. ArcelorMittal, US Steel and Cleveland-Cliffs are partners in Hibbing Taconite, with ArcelorMittal owning a majority stake. ArcelorMittal is the managing agent.
· Manage mechanical engineering projects from cost estimates, materials specifications, calculations, design of structures, facilities and equipment, to installation and start-up.
· Improve our proactive maintenance through emphasis on predictive and preventive maintenance, reliability engineering, failure analysis and condition based maintenance.
· Direct and coordinate work performed by engineering consultants and contractors.
· Direct and coordinate work performed by operating employees as required for new equipment installations or testing to ensure conformity to engineering design and specifications.
· Provide mechanical technical guidance and expertise to management, engineers, and mechanical crafts people on a daily basis.
· Conduct studies and prepare reports on project cost projections and potential cost-saving projects.
· Evaluate mechanical equipment malfunctions and recommend design modifications to eliminate these malfunctions.
· Develop plans and procedures for maintenance engineering projects to ensure equipment longevity, reliability, and cost effectiveness.
Education Needed: Candidate must be enrolled in an accredited school or university and currently pursuing a degree in Mechanical Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering or other related field.
Experience Needed: No previous experience required. Ability to perform mass and energy balance and understanding of statistics preferred.
We take safety seriously. We require that all employees wear metatarsal steel toed boots while working in our facilities.