ClimeCo is a leader in the management and development of environmental commodities. We provide professional consulting services related to environmental sustainability, policy, and markets. Additionally, we develop, finance, and operate projects to reduce GHG emissions and produce renewable energy, and design, manage, and transact portfolios of environmental-related financial commodities. Currently, ClimeCo has 34 employees throughout the United States and Canada.
ClimeCo is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. Our employment practices are in accordance with the laws that prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran’s status, marital status, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by applicable law.
ClimeCo launched a Plastic Credit Program to leverage our expertise and capabilities in environmental markets by offering advisory, transactional, and project development services to provide business solutions to address the plastic waste crisis. Plastic waste projects generate plastic credits to provide supporting companies with a structured, verified solution, to help address and manage their plastic footprint and sustainability reporting communications. To support this new program, ClimeCo is looking for a summer intern who is interested in helping companies with their plastic sustainability goals, including how best to support ocean plastic removal, develop recycling projects, and implement credits as part of an overall corporate plastic waste reduction effort. Duties will include:
- Performing global market and project research in the emerging marketplace for plastic credits
- Helping to communicate with and obtain information from plastic waste recovery and recycling projects around the world, NGOs, industry associations, and corporations.
- Building and maintaining program Excel spreadsheets
- Help maintain customer relationship management (CRM) records
- Attend relevant virtual events
- Assist with special projects
- Undergraduate students, graduate students, and recent graduates considered
- Excellent research and data analytical skills desired
- Education or experience in environmental sustainability or have a passion for sustainability and helping to solve environmental challenges
- Knowledge, understanding, or experience in Southeast Asia sustainable markets a plus
Please email a statement of interest and resume to email@example.com with the subject header “Plastic Program Internship.”