The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to saving lives and reducing the burden of disease in low-and middle-income countries, while strengthening the capabilities of governments and the private sector in those countries to create and sustain high-quality health systems that can succeed without our assistance. For more information, please visit: http://www.clintonhealthaccess.org
Program and Position Overview:
CHAI launched its Viral Hepatitis program in 2015 with the goal of catalyzing public sector screening and treatment programs in low-and middle-income countries (LMICs). Today, CHAI has Hepatitis C programs across seven focal countries; Cambodia, India, Indonesia, Myanmar, Nigeria, Rwanda, and Vietnam.
CHAI is seeking a highly motivated Associate with outstanding analytical abilities to support the Global Hepatitis team. Reporting to the Director of Programs for the Laboratory Services Team (LST), the Associate will provide technical support to CHAI Hepatitis C teams in the program’s seven focal countries. The Associate will interact with stakeholders from these country teams on a broad range of activities, support develop diagnostic market intelligence, and provide strategic guidance and planning support to global hepatitis diagnostic strategy development efforts.
Travel is expected to be approximately 60%, COVID related restrictions permitting. This role may be based in the United States or a CHAI Program Country, pending the approval of country leadership.
- Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of 3-5 years of professional work experience (or advanced degree plus 1-2 years of professional work experience) in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Strong quantitative skills, including significant experience in data management and data analysis, with high level of proficiency in Excel
- Demonstrated strong analytical, leadership, and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong analytical skills, including the ability to prepare and deliver compelling presentations and work on analyses at varying levels of granularity
- Ability to multi-task and to be effective in high-pressure situations
- Strong interpersonal skills, especially in cross-cultural settings and diverse work environments
- Works collaboratively with immediate team members as well as across the organization
- Can travel extensively, up to 60% of the time (travel varies depending on time of year, pending COVID related restrictions)
- Technical proficiency with Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to absorb and synthesize a broad range of information
- Fluency in English, in both written and verbal communications
- Experience working in pharmaceuticals, management consulting, investment banking, or a similar fast-paced, results-oriented environment
- Familiarity with global health issues, particularly communicable diseases (Viral Hepatitis, HIV, TB etc.), and/or national and sub-national planning and programming
- Experience working with government bodies