CMI is looking for a motivated and energetic Architectural Intern to join our team throughout the Semester. Our ideal candidate is an enthusiastic team player who is interested in and exhilarated by innovative design and architecture. This is an intern role with growth potential in a stimulating, fast-paced environment. The position requires tasks associated with production of documents for purposes of schematic design review, permitting, and construction under the supervision of the project architect. The candidate will be expected to demonstrate: Excellent time management, prioritization and organizational skills with precise attention to detail A desire to learn, accept direction, and be mentored. The ability to build good relationships both internally and externally with integrity, respect, humor, and a sense of responsibility. Willingness to assist in code and zoning research. An ability to collaborate and be integrated on larger project teams. REQUIREMENTS: Pursuing a degree in Architecture or Engineering from an accredited program or university. Have a working knowledge of AutoCAD, Rhino, Revit, Bluebeam and other graphic platforms. Be legally able to work in the United States
Project Location(s): New York, NY USA
Position Description: Involved in engineering and administration of projects, in the Special Projects Division (SPD) or in other Business Unit departments.
Reports To: Project Engineer or Engineer
Essential Duties & Responsibilities*:
· Assist in obtaining and reviewing information and approvals for processing of shop drawings, product data and samples. Assist in the communication of this information across all levels of the project team.
· Assist in managing other aspects of communication including submission and responses for Requests for Information (RFI’s).
· Assist in preparing estimates for changes in the work including review of Change Order requests from subcontractors.
· Study contract drawings, specifications and shop drawings to ensure proper coordination and installation.
· Assist in the maintenance and updating of contract documents, electronic web-based documents and project logs.
· Distribute information required for construction to appropriate parties.
· Assist engineering to ensure that materials and equipment are released for fabrication or manufacture in time to meet the construction schedule.
· Assist in the preparation of final records for the project including close-out documents, Operations/Maintenance (OM) Manuals, etc.
· If assigned to another Business Unit department, will perform the requisite duties and responsibilities.
Qualifications: Minimum of two years of college with formal engineering or architectural training, summer internship/co-op experience in Architecture or Engineering or equivalent experience highly desirable. Knowledge of, drawings and specifications also desirable. Must have good interpersonal and teamwork skills, desire to learn, ability to communicate well, both verbally and in writing. Should be proficient with computer applications as required to perform responsibilities.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is sometimes exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to airborne particles or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to very loud.
*May perform other duties as necessary or assigned.