Rhythm Agency is looking for an exceptionally talented and technically savvy individual to fill our Systems Administrator position.
As the Systems Administrator, you will focus on three main areas:
Office Systems: Responsible for maintaining internal systems such as office networking, email, new systems setup, printers and software licensing.
Web and Cloud Systems: The Systems Administrator’s workplace will be in the cloud – deploying, maintaining and securing both Windows and Linux environments in Amazon’s EC2 and other cloud-based hosting environments. You’ll be an expert in AWS who will help lead architecting and supporting highly scalable operating environments on the AWS EC2 cloud platform utilizing some of AWS’ most advanced technology to promote reliability, elasticity, and deployment agility.
DevOps: Assist the internal teams with our Continuous Integration, deployment and automation practice. In addition, we would look to this person to help us transition to more containerized environments leveraging docker.
The Systems Administrator must possess excellent communication skills; must have outstanding time management & organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks with limited direction in an environment where priorities can change rapidly; and must demonstrate attention to detail with the ability to be thorough and complete.
Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Work collaboratively with the Director of Technology to set organizational priorities and develop practical technological solutions and services based on business needs pertaining to systems administration
- Lead the administration of internal, external, and cloud-based hosting environments like AWS and Azure
- Provide issues/needs analysis and solution recommendation/implementation relative to systems administration needs
- Monitor system and application performance and uptime, and be able to provide on-call, emergency or implementation support outside of normal scheduled hours as needed
- Create and maintain hosting agreements, packages, and policies
- Analyze system and application logs and identify potential issues with systems
- Stay current on technology trends and identify technologies that can innovate and transform systems and operations to be more stable, secure, efficient, and performant
- Perform routine audits of systems and software, ensuring everything is working as expected
- Applying operating system updates, security patches, and configuration changes
- Install and configure new hardware and software within internal and external networks
- Add, remove, or update user account information, reset passwords, etc.
- Answer technical queries and assisting users with various IT-related issues or tasks, complete incidents and tickets assigned to the system administration group within the designated time frames
- Implement and manage internal and cloud-based disaster recovery systems and processes
- Manage virtual and physical resources as required with an overall objective of improving the scalability, reliability, performance, and availability of the infrastructure to exceed company service level objectives
- Assist in software configuration management activities including multiple continuous build environments, code repository administration, and code packaging and deployments to multiple development, staging, and production environments
- Develop and implement Information Technology architecture and best practices to ensure stability and security of information systems
- Partner with senior management to develop company wide information technology strategy and identify technology-enabled initiatives to meet the growing needs of the organization
Experience and Knowledge:
- 3+ years of hands on experience performing systems administration duties
- 2+ years of experience at a top digital agency in a systems administrator, network administrator, IT manager role or similar
- Experience with AWS Console for management of AWS services
- Experience with AWS CLI for automating administrative tasks
- Experience with configuring and using AWS monitoring services for early warnings and effectively administering the EC2 environment
- Experience with network connectivity configuration and network security (using Security Groups, keys, etc.)
- Experience with AWS IAM (Identity and Access Management)
- Experience with disaster recovery and cloud backup/restoration processes
- Experience working with Amazon EC2, VPC, S3, SES, SNS, RDS, Route 53, etc.
- Experience administering both Windows and Linux systems
- Proficient with virtualization via VMWare ESXi and/or containerization via Docker/LXC
- Experience working with Microsoft SQL Server, MSSQL, or other relational databases
- Experience in network security and administration, including firewalls, routers, switches, etc.
- Experience with Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS), and/or Web Application Firewalls (WAF)
- Experience monitoring and configuring performance/uptime monitoring tools like Pingdom and NewRelic
- Experience and knowledge of version control systems like Git, TFS, Subversion, etc.
- Experience with Windows Active Directory
- Experience with Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD)
- Previous knowledge of TeamCity or Jenkins would be a plus.
- Basic knowledge of Puppet, Chef and/or Ansible is also a plus.
- Able to learn and adapt to new technologies quickly
- Ability to interact with clients in a professional, articulate manner
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Fast-paced, highly collaborative, creative, progressive thinking, proactive, positive
- Casual dress
- Annual salary and annual performance review
- Benefit plan including medical (HMO and PPO), dental, paid holiday, paid time off and a 401(k) plan
- Training and certification opportunities