2021 Fall Development Volunteer Position Description – Virtual Only
Code of Support Foundation (COSF) is a veteran service organization that provides essential one-on-one assistance to service members, veterans, and their families. COSF operates three programs – Case Coordination, PATRIOTlink®, and Education and Engagement. The Case Coordination program works one-on-one with clients to help them find the resources they need, while our PATRIOTlink program offers an online solution to find resources. The Education and Engagement program works to increase public awareness and appreciation of the service and sacrifice of military and veteran families.
COSF seeks a part-time voluteer for Fall 2021 (15-20 hours per week) to assist with development and fundraising operations. The start and end date are flexible, and would last approximately 10 weeks. The ideal candidate is a self-motivator who enjoys working with a small team and is looking to gain non-profit development experience.
This is an unpaid internship, and this opportunity is fully virtual.
Major Responsibilities – The COSF internship will focus on development and fundraising operations and outreach. The internship may include:
- Research foundations and draft grant requests that relate to COSF’s mission and its core programs;
- Crafting messages and conducting stewardship for supporters, funders, and donors;
- Outreach and engagement of businesses and influencers who support veteran-related causes;
- Assist in planning virtual events, including the virtual annual fundraiser Toast To Our Troops;
- Develop a working knowledge of development functions including department planning, project management, outreach, and engagement;
- Assist in implementation and management of peer-to-peer opportunities for individuals interested in raising funds on behalf of COSF;
- Research and implement fundraising strategies to engage younger donors;
- Assist with donor management through tools like Salesforce and GrantHub;
- Develop a working knowledge of non-profit boards (Board of Trustees, Advisory Board);
- Opportunities to participate in professional development seminars;
- Opportunity to identify other opportunities and pursue as available.
- Currently enrolled in an accredited undergraduate or graduate institution
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Suite applications
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with project management, event planning, and database usage is a plus
- Personal passion for service to military families and veterans strongly desired
How to Apply
Please send the following documents to Roslyn Shoemaker at firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “I’m Your Next Advancement Volunteer!”:
- Cover Letter