This is an opportunity for Engineering, Computer Science, and Geographic Information Science graduates with strong programming skills to join a rapidly-growing and global organization with a passion for building stronger businesses for our clients.
Cognizant was recently ranked #19 on Forbes’ World’s Best Employers list – based on surveys of 150,000+ employees in 50+ countries and 5M+ data points, Forbes places Cognizant in top 3% of employers.
Our purpose: we engineer modern businesses to improve everyday life.
Cognizant IoT: Who We Are
The Internet of Things (IoT) is the foundation of Cognizant’s industry growth strategy.
Across industries, companies that connect products, operations, and the enterprise create actionable intelligence—giving them increased efficiency, improved productivity, and transformed products. Success today means getting your best ideas to market faster and operating differently to drive new value. Cognizant makes IoT real, connecting the digital and physical worlds to create intelligence, providing you a competitive advantage.
In Cognizant IoT, we provide a technical career path with the opportunity to be hands-on in building connected solutions at industrial scale. Be part of a transformation that unlocks the knowledge of our industry, products, and solutions and empowers employees in maximizing Cognizant’s technical and consulting capabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent
- Academic scores of 3.0 or better (overall)
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated with the passion and appetite to learn new technologies
- Basic programming experience using C/C++/C#/Java
- Familiarity with Object-Oriented Programming
- Exposure to IoT / cloud platforms (Azure, Google, AWS, etc.)
- Exposure to relational databases such as SQL and MySQL
- Ability to read and understand basic flowcharts and software diagrams
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in the onsite-offshore model and on production support roles
- Familiarity with data structures and operating system concepts
- Good understanding of design patterns and mathematical concepts
- Ability to develop algorithms
- Familiarity with software development life cycle
*This role is also accepting applicants that have experience in Geographical Information Systems (GIS). We expect a small percentage of applicants to have experience with the following tools and skills:
- Geo Science
- Spatial Analysis
- ESRI ArcGIS
- AutoCAD / CAD
- Remote Sensing
- Geospatial Information
IoT Engineers can work in various industries: Automotive, Consumer Electronics, Energy & Utilities, High Tech Manufacturers, Medical Devices, Pharmaceuticals & Biotech, Food & Beverage.
Locations: At this time, this position will be remote, but new hires will eventually be required to relocate to one of our client offices in major cities across the Midwest, Southeast, and East Coast.
Applicants must be willing to relocate – our business model requires our consultants to be as close to the client site as possible. Cognizant will provide relocation assistance.
Cognizant will not sponsor H-1B or other U.S. work authorization, or lawful permanent residence (otherwise known as a “Green Card”) for these roles.
Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer provider and committed to creating a diverse environment. Cognizant considers all applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, age, marital and family status, disabilities, sexual orientation or preference, veteran status or any other classification protected by state, federal or local law.