Position Summary/ Objectives:
The Research & Development Engineer will be responsible for the design and development of new products and improving existing products. This position ensures that the solid execution of company programs remain consistent with the overall company values. The ideal candidate has a solid understanding of Engineering concepts and can support the strategic and operational objectives of the business. The successful candidate will possess a high degree of professionalism, maturity and confidentiality.
Essential Job Functions:
● Work independently to develop implantable regenerative technology products from concept through commercialization following design control procedures.
- Responsible for in troubleshooting technical challenges encountered during prototyping, validation, technology transfer, and manufacturing of regenerative product technologies.
- Responsible for creating technical specifications for new product or product improvements.
● Plan and coordinate project design and development activities.
● Conduct feasibility studies and fabricate prototypes in accordance with design and development plans.
● Prepare experimental protocols and reports in response to development needs.
● Evaluate prototypes, collect, analyze and report data.
● Effectively work with outside consultants, vendors and subcontractors involved in the project to ensure protocols are adhered to and programs are kept on schedule.
● Support the transition from product development to manufacturing including technical training of personnel in order to ensure a smooth manufacturing start-up.
● Responsible for R&D’s equipment maintenance and calibration program; ensure appropriate activities are performed in accordance with established schedules.
● Write and revise research and development procedures.
● Maintain quality records of research experiments, including lab notebooks, logbooks, reports, etc.
● Oversee laboratory areas and ensure laboratory safety and efficient organization.
● Oversee laboratory supplies and requisition as needed.
● Identify and record any problems relating to the product, process and quality system.
● Qualify R&D personnel to perform specific tasks.
● Provide training in accordance with the R&D training program.
● Initiate, recommend, or provide solutions through designated channels.
● Assist with various special ad hoc projects and other duties as assigned
Education, Experience and Certification:
● This position requires a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in the biological sciences
● Ability to follow written and oral instructions with minimum supervision.
● Analytical abilities to problem solving to reach logical conclusion.
● Effective team player to various challenges and assignments.
● Good communication skill, both verbal and written reports.