College Prep 360, a fast-growing, boutique educational advising firm, seeks an exceptional assistant college counselor who loves supporting high school students as we work to help them succeed in preparing for and applying to college.
Rather than building our business on empty promises and quick fixes, we mentor high school students, inspire them, and unlock their potential. Guided by our strong ethical principles, we work collaboratively and think creatively to deliver individualized support to students as they discover their passions and make the transition to college. We strive to add value to our students’ high school experience and to help them develop as writers, thinkers, and community members.
Beyond the chance to help guide and empower students in achieving their college admissions dreams, you will also get the chance to work with a group of superstar educators in a growing, dynamic small business. We support each other without judgment, challenge each other when warranted, and work together to define the mission and meaning of our work.
Our team is one of creative problem solvers. We treat each student and situation as unique, seeing potential where others may not. We look for fresh ideas, adapt and respond quickly to changing circumstances, and always find ways to make the improbable possible. We are seeking assistant counselors who are familiar with the field of college admissions and know a good application when they see one!
College Prep 360 is also focused on providing pro bono educational opportunities for low-income students. Our founder is on the Board of uAspire, an organization that promotes college affordability, and Syrian Youth Empowerment, an NGO that helps outstanding students in Syria apply to selective U.S. colleges. Because our company is deeply committed to giving back, assistant counselors will also have opportunities to work with low-income students with compensation for their time.
To be a successful candidate, you will have:
- A passion to work with high school students and the desire to build a long-term career in higher education and college admissions
- Strong online research and analytical skills
- Effective communication, superb documented writing skills, and active listening skills
- Organizational and time/task management skills
- A willingness to learn, adapt, and solve problems
- An excellent eye for detail/ability to proofread essays and applications
- Basic knowledge of bookkeeping
To be a successful candidate, you must be able to:
- Provide strategic, behind-the-scenes assistance to 10-15 senior counselors throughout the entire application process (e.g., research on student programs, application requirements/deadlines, school-specific data for supplemental essays, etc.)
- Be creative and insightful in identifying each student’s counseling needs and work styles to better support our counseling team
- Manage student workflow, staying on top of families who need additional support, check ins, and follow up
- Help students and their families get organized and adhere to deadlines
- Find unique opportunities (i.e. summer programs, internships, volunteering opportunities) to help nurture students’ interests and allow them to shine
- Understand the selective college landscape
- Work well with colleagues, students, and parents, including giving and receiving constructive feedback
- Work efficiently, be flexible, and think on your feet
Bonus points if you:
- Are interested in a long-term position with growth opportunities
- Have experience interning/working in a selective college admissions office
- Have experience advising/tutoring high school seniors on how to apply to colleges
- Have familiarity with the academic and social demands of elite high school culture and the competitive college admissions landscape
- Basic knowledge of Squarespace or similar template-based website building resources
- Have an undergraduate or graduate degree from a selective university
We also provide exceptional compensation that reflects the tremendous value of our expertise. This position is a full-time, remote position with compensation starting at $45,000.
College Prep 360 was founded by Dr. Joie Jager-Hyman, an internationally acclaimed admissions expert, who is passionate about helping families navigate the college application process. Our team includes admissions professionals who have worked at elite colleges including Harvard, Yale, Dartmouth, Stanford, and Duke. We focus solely on undergraduate admissions, which allows us to keep a laser focus on the trends and issues that matter most to our students and families.
We know that the college admissions process does not have to leave students and families feeling depleted and defeated; in fact, it’s just the opposite. We empower students to be active participants in their education—and in the process, they become the types of students colleges want to, and ultimately do, admit.
Last year, our company had a 100% acceptance rate for students’ top three schools with most students going to Ivy League and peer colleges. Our success speaks for itself; however, these are just numbers. To achieve these results—and to truly set our company apart—we craft a learning experience for students to follow over the course of their entire high school careers. To that end, we employ college counselors who are also generous, enthusiastic, involved teachers to collaborate and guide students throughout the entire application process.
At College Prep 360, we deliver the highest quality service, going above and beyond to achieve exceptional outcomes for our students. We aim to exceed expectations and take pride in our ability to deliver results efficiently. Our team works together seamlessly, finding synergy among our unique roles, individual strengths, and contributions. Through healthy and respectful relationships, constructive criticism, and honest feedback, we collectively achieve excellence.
If you feel you are a good fit for our company and would like to apply for the Assistant College Counselor position, please submit a resume and cover letter explaining why you are passionate about helping students achieve their educational goals, describing your past experience, and outlining your goals for the future.