Reports To: Director of Engineering
Location: Boston, MA or Remote
Comlinkdata is looking for a Data Engineer to join our Engineering team. If you have a passion for solving difficult problems, a desire to continue learning, and strong programming fundamentals, then we want to speak with you.
As a Data Engineer, you’ll join a team focused on building big data pipelines to support new and existing products as well as optimizing existing processes and integrating new data sets. Our cloud-based environment processes around 2 billion rows of information a day, utilizing the AWS ecosystem with Hadoop, Python, and Spark at its core.
Including but not limited to:
- Support, maintain and evolve existing data pipelines utilizing Python, MSSQL, Spark/Scala.
- Implement business rule changes and enhancements in existing data pipelines
- Create new pipelines supporting new product development.
- Automate existing processes and integrate new data sets
- University Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or similar
- Well trained in good programming practices, and computer science fundamentals
- Knowledge of Python (or similar scripting language)
- Knowledge of SQL (MSSQL, Postgre/Redshift SQL)
- Knowledge of Spark
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with AWS Environment or Similar Cloud Services
- Good collaboration and communication skills
At this time, Comlinkdata will not sponsor a new applicant for employment sponsorship for this position.
Candidates must submit a resume and cover letter to be considered.