Reports To: Director of Engineering
Location: N/A – Open to Remote Work
Comlinkdata is looking for an experienced, team oriented, Data Engineer. If you have strong programming skills, a desire to continue learning and a passion for problem solving, then we want to speak with you. As a leading member of the Engineering team, you’ll be challenged working with large datasets and complex business logic, to build, evolve and maintain our products.
- Support maintain and evolve existing pipelines utilizing S3 data lake, Spark, Map Reduce, Hbase, Scala and SparkSQL
- Collaborate with our data science and product development teams to support new product development activities, including data acquisition, data integration, process automation, data model operationalization, and data pipeline implementation.
- Lead the implementation of evolving business requirements, customer requests and changes to existing products and pipelines with an eye to simplification, efficiency and security.
- Define and support the implementation of new tools and architecture to support business evolution and efficient environments for our product development teams.
- 5 years of work experience in large data processing and analytics projects, bringing algorithms and proof-of-concepts to production
- University Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or similar
- Well trained in good programming practices and computer science fundamentals
- Extensive experience in working with large data in AWS, utilizing ECS and EMR.
- Advanced knowledge of Hadoop ecosystem Spark, HBASE, Presto, Hive, Pig
- Advanced knowledge of SQL (MSSQL, PostgreSQL and Redshift SQL)
- Knowledge of Python
- A great communicator and collaborator
- Database Design Experience
- Hadoop/EMR cluster tuning
- Test Driven Development
- ML algorithms and good ML implementation practices
Please submit a resume and cover letter.
At this time, Comlinkdata will not sponsor a new applicant for employment sponsorship for this position.