– Committee of 100: Social Engagement/Event Planning Intern
Organization: Committee of 100 (C100)
Headquarters: New York, New York
The Committee of 100 (C100) is a non-profit U.S. based membership organization built around promoting the full participation of all Chinese Americans in American society and advancing the constructive dialogue and relationships between the United States and China. Formed more than 30 years ago by renowned architect I.M. Pei and Dr. Henry Kissinger, C100 is comprised of Chinese Americans from the areas of business, government, academia and the arts who are respected leaders in both their industries and communities.30 years later, C100 continues to remain focused on public policy engagement, civic engagement and philanthropy as a means of supporting the Chinese American community.
Location: New York City
Reports to: Full-Time Staff, with opportunity to work directly with senior-level staff
Key Tasks (but not limited to):
- Social Media Engagement – Track and help grow C100’s social media accounts;
- External Events Strategy – Research, create and source a database to external events that are relevant to the organization’s membership and mission;
- Project Management – Support the weekly and monthly event planning, organizing and virtual event management;
- Other tasks and assignments as needed.
• College Student/Graduate Student
• Knowledge of social media, including a mastery of trends and verbiage on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat
• Strong writing and editing skills
• Ability to take direction and work in a dynamic environment
• Discretion and a professional demeanor; sound judgment
• Strong communication skills
• Highly organized; keen attention to detail
• You are passionate about events and care deeply about customer experience
- Candidates should be available to work a minimum of 8-10 hours a week (part-time).
- Unpaid internship
Please describe your qualifications and explain your interest in this position in an email, serving as a formal cover letter, to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Please attach your CV/resume)
This position will be 8-12 weeks in length. At this time the position is remote. This is an unpaid internship; however, the position can be used towards school credit where applicable.
Each student’s application and needs for course credit will be reviewed on an individual basis.
The anticipated start date for this position is January 25, 2021. The start date is negotiable based on the student’s spring schedule.