Note: Please apply directly to our site.
About Common Energy
Common Energy is revolutionizing the energy sector. Our platform enables virtually anyone to connect their utility account to a new clean energy project, lower carbon emissions, and save money on their electricity. There is no on-site installation and signing up only takes two minutes. As such, we are a clean energy accelerator, and key part of the solution to mitigate global climate change.
Common Energy’s board and advisors include executives from Facebook, Google and President Obama’s cabinet. We are seeking full-time and part-time Community Energy Advocates to bring more clean energy to communities across New York, Maryland and Illinois.
About the Impact Team
Common Energy’s Impact Team is our youth and young professional community engagement team focused bringing new, local, clean energy to the electrical grid. Our goal is to mobilize individuals and communities to sign up for local solar projects in their area in order to prevent millions of pounds of carbon emissions. Our program is grounded in principles of equity, empowerment, and mitigating climate change through clean energy!
The Role Common Energy works with official state programs that enable households to support clean energy and save money, for free. As a Community Energy Advocate you will leverage your personal and professional contacts to inspire others to sign up for local solar projects.
- Complete Common Energy’s Engagement Training and become an expert in clean energy and community solar, learning from some of the country’s top sustainability leaders
- Reach out to your personal network to explain how community solar works and enroll people in local, free community solar projects!
- Lower pollution and emissions in your community, and save people money
- Participate in local Common Energy events (in person or virtually)
- Be part of a broader active community of climate activists and sustainability professionals for the summer and beyond
- Contribute to a fun, positive Team environment!
****You should have the ability to leverage personal, professional or community networks in the region you’re applying to*****
Who We’re Looking For:
- You are passionate about clean energy and driving positive impact in your community!
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and love inspiring others to act
- You can work collaboratively with people and organizations to envision and develop win-win partnerships
- You’re results driven and can work autonomously to reach the shared goal of mitigation climate change
- Guaranteed hourly base salary
- Additional performance incentives including scholarships, awards, and donations to approved non-profits of your choice
Please apply for this position through our website: https://www.commonenergy.us/impact-team
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time