Why This Role is Important to Us
An intern is brought on board at our company to perform operational and administrative functions. This serves a dual purpose, giving the intern valuable experience, while lightening the workload of professionals by relieving them of transactional duties.
What You’ll be Doing
The intern working in the Accounting Department will assist and learn the following;
- Month end close
- General ledger reconciliations
- Budget to actual analysis
This person will be working closely with several members of the Accounting and Finance team.
The intern will learn about coding, financial systems, financial reporting, interacting with external vendors, internal customers, writing and a variety of other financial skills.
What We’re Looking For
- Ability to multi-task and switch gears quickly / effectively
- Must be able to work collaboratively and create an atmosphere of trust and respect within project teams and with external partners
- Must be highly organized and self-directed with a proven ability to work with supervision on departmental and cross-functional projects of a diverse nature
- Requires excellent interpersonal skills in order to communicate and work with staff and external partners of all skill and experience levels
- Rising Junior or Rising Senior
- Pursuing a BS degree in Accounting
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0