2 Oliver Street, 5th Floor
Boston, MA 02109
Program Manager Workforce Training Fund
Director, Workforce Training Fund
$60,000 plus 13.2 % 401a Employer contribution ( Spanish bi-lingual highly preferred)
Who We Are: Commonwealth Corporation is a quasi-public workforce development agency that strengthens the skills of Massachusetts youth and adults by investing in innovative partnerships with industry, education and workforce organizations. Our primary goals are:
- To build regional industry training partnerships that prepare youth and unemployed workers for jobs in demand that lead to higher rates of employment;
- To upgrade the skills of workers to meet specific employer skill demands leading to more productive and competitive businesses, job growth, retention, upgrades and wage gains; and
- To increase the share of youth engaged in education and employment pathways preparing them for post-secondary education and careers.
Commonwealth Corporation works with hundreds of Massachusetts companies, thousands of new and experienced workers, and thousands of youth and young adults each year.
Among other activities, we:
- Administer the Workforce Training Fund, a trust that awards $20 million in incumbent worker training grants to companies annually;
- Administer YouthWorks, Massachusetts subsidized youth employment program;
- Coordinate education and workforce activities for the states juvenile justice system;
- Implement and sell Signal Success, our soft skills and employability curriculum;
- Operate Governor Charlie Bakers Commission on Digital Innovation and Lifelong Learning, a new, high profile effort to extend education and training to many more people in Massachusetts.
Program: Among the programs administered by Commonwealth Corporation is the Workforce Training Fund Program. The mission of the Workforce Training Fund is to provide Massachusetts businesses with the resources to invest in their workforce and improve employee skills, and to maintain the economic strength and viability of the Commonwealths businesses. For more information about the Workforce Training Fund, please visit: http://workforcetrainingfund.org/
Equal Employment Opportunity: Commonwealth Corporation is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Program Manager will serve as a liaison between Commonwealth Corporation and businesses in a variety of industries including manufacturing, finance & insurance, and business / professional / technical services. The Program Manager will provide oversight, support and technical assistance to grant funded workforce training projects across the Commonwealth.
This job posting describes a full-time, professional position. This position is expected to be primarily remote-work, with occasional participation in meetings or events either in our downtown Boston office or other locations throughout the state.
- Oversee and maintain communication with grantees and periodically visit project sites to ensure effective start-up and implementation.
- Guide new grantees through orientation & contracting processes.
- Monitor grantees submission of activity reports and invoices, as well as monitoring compliance with all grant obligations.
- Provide guidance to grantees about grant obligations, requests to modify contracts, and program policies and practices.
- Assist in collecting and sharing of tools, strategies, trends, and ideas from the field with other stakeholders, with a particular focus on needs in industries with significant levels of employment in Massachusetts.
- Represent CommCorp in meetings and networking events with businesses and other partners in the workforce development system.
- Using salesforce.com and other technology: collect, organize and analyze program data in order to continually develop more efficient and customer-friendly processes.
- Learn and implement Continuous Process Improvement techniques in all aspects of work.
- Participate in working groups and other cross-departmental activities as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proactive mindset and approach: able to think several steps ahead, manage complex projects, anticipate grantee and program needs, coordinate multiple time-sensitive priorities, and suggest improvements to existing processes
- Business acumen sufficient to perceive the dimensions of business issues, understand implications for involved parties, and engage in cooperative value-creation.
- Commitment to providing excellent customer service while guiding employers through unfamiliar procurement and grant management processes.
- Skilled in engaging and building relationships with stakeholders, including private employers, public partners, training providers, program staff and colleagues.
- Ability to understand training program models, analyze training for effectiveness, quantify outcomes, and convey findings to others.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of relational databases. (such as Salesforce, or similar CRMs etc.)
- Bachelors Degree required.
- Microsoft Excel proficiency is required.
- Excellent English written/verbal communication skills required (bi-lingual Spanish is a plus);
- 3+ years of work applying business process protocol independently in a professional environment, while maintaining positive customer relations, and progressively gaining responsibility.
- Valid Massachusettss drivers license and access to transportation for in-state travel are required. Mileage reimbursement provided.
Commonwealth Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Research suggests that qualified women and Black & Indigenous POC may self-select out of opportunities if they don’t meet 100% of the job requirements. We encourage individuals who believe they have the skills necessary to thrive at CommCorp to apply for this role.
Commonwealth Corporation offers a generous and very competitive benefits packaging, including:
Base Comp plus additional value compensation
Commonwealth Corporation does not contribute to Social Security; however, in lieu of such contribution Commonwealth Corporation will contribute on a biweekly basis the equivalent of 13.2% of your salary to a 401(a) employee retirement plan. This plan is administered by Nationwide where you are vested 100% on day 1 of hire ( No waiting period).
- Health insurance (83% employer / 17% employee)
- HRA (Employer pays first 75% of participant deductible expenses)
- Dental insurance (80% employer / 20% employee)
- Vision Insurance
- 12 paid holidays
- 3 weeks accrued paid vacation per year
- Generous paid sick time
- Short-Term, Long-Term and AD&D Insurance
- Life Insurance up to $250,000
- Employer funded pension plan
- Voluntary employee retirement plan options
- Pre-tax parking and commuter benefits (debit card)
- Health Flexible Spending Account (debit card)
- Dependent Care Assistance Program (debit card)