Commonwealth Learning Center, an independent nonprofit organization, has served the community as a leading educational resource for over 30 years and counting. We specialize in working with individuals who have learning differences such as dyslexia, dysgraphia, ADHD, and executive functioning difficulties. We work with learners of all ages—kindergarten through adult—in most academic subject areas.
We are seeking a full-time passionate and dynamic 1:1 elementary education teacher (language-based learning disabilities) to join our Needham Learning Center team. This position is geared toward teaching K-6. The two main components of this position include teaching math and one or more of the following subject areas: reading comprehension, written expression, and/or executive function strategies.
The teacher will be provided advanced, intensive training in a multi-sensory math program that complements our research-based reading methodologies. This is an excellent opportunity to learn and effectively implement a highly regarded math program recognized by the International Dyslexia Association.
- Candidates must have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in education or special education.
- Preference will be given to candidates who hold a master’s degree in one of the above fields.
- Applicants must be comfortable teaching basic elementary math through pre-algebra to students in grades K-6. Demonstrated experience is required.
- Candidates must have demonstrated experience teaching reading comprehension, writing (grammar, mechanics, sentence/paragraph/essay construction), and/or executive function skills.
- A solid understanding of language-based learning disabilities is strongly desired.
- Familiarity with interpreting neuropsychological reports and IEPs is another plus.
- Ability to design individualized lessons to meet the specific needs of each learner is required.
- Computer literacy/technological savvy to work virtually is essential.
Our 1:1 model is optimal for educators who seek the reward of watching their students make measurable gains and progress to their full potential. This position is ideal for an educator who has excellent rapport with students and who wants an opportunity to impact students and the community outside of a classroom setting. No classroom management. No lunch or recess duty. No homework. Experience working 1:1 with students with language-based learning disabilities is highly preferred.
Massachusetts parents voted Commonwealth Learning Center the best educational support program in the state for five years in a row. To learn more about our programs, services, and our mission to serve our community, we welcome you to visit our website.
Please note that although we are currently delivering services virtually due to Covid-19, we are seeking local applicants only as this position will ultimately be in-house at our Needham location. This position will begin with remote delivery via Microsoft Teams (training provided). We offer a flexible schedule, professional development opportunities, generous prep time, and plenty of ongoing guidance and support. We seek candidates who value our mission and who thrive on teaching and learning.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and résumé. In your cover letter, please address how your skill set matches our needs. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Salary is competitive and will be commensurate with experience as per our needs. Benefits include health insurance (covered at 100%), paid vacation, 403b, and a retirement plan.