Commonwealth Learning Center, an independent nonprofit organization, has served the community as a leading educational resource for over 30 years and counting. We specialize in working with individuals who have learning differences such as dyslexia, dysgraphia, ADHD, and executive functioning difficulties. We work with learners of all ages—kindergarten through adult—in most academic subject areas.
Our programs are individually designed to meet the specific needs of each learner, and our 1:1 model is optimal for educators who seek the reward of watching their students make measurable gains and progress to their full potential.
We are currently seeking part-time passionate and dynamic 1:1 reading teachers to join our Needham Learning Center team. We offer a flexible schedule, an excellent resource room of teaching materials, and plenty of ongoing guidance and support. A future full-time opportunity is available for an exceptional candidate.
- Training in multi-sensory structured literacy, particularly Orton-Gillingham
- Possess a solid understanding of language-based learning disabilities, particularly dyslexia
- Familiarity interpreting neuropsychological reports and IEPs
- Ability to apply a multi-sensory, diagnostic, prescriptive approach to 1:1 instruction
- Experience creating data-informed lessons specific to students’ needs
- Ability to build strong rapport with students (largely K-8) and boost their confidence
- Master’s degree in education or, preferably, special education
- Computer literacy/technological savvy to work virtually (essential)
- Highly skilled in teaching reading comprehension and/or written expression
- Training in executive function strategies
- Experience working 1:1 with students
- Comfortable interacting with parents and educational professionals
Massachusetts parents voted Commonwealth Learning Center the best educational support program in the state for five years in a row. To learn more about our programs, services, and our mission to serve our community, we welcome you to visit our website.
Please note that although we are currently delivering services virtually due to Covid-19, we are seeking local applicants only as teaching will ultimately be in-house at our Needham location. This position will begin with remote delivery via Microsoft Teams (training provided).
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume. In your cover letter, please address how your skill set matches our needs. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Hourly rate is commensurate with experience.