Position Number: 3
Program Name: Global Warming Solutions Act (GWSA) Greenhouse Gas/Carbon Sequestration
Location/Address: 100 Cambridge Street, Suite 1000, Boston MA 02114 / remote
Duration: January 24 – April 8, 2022
Brief Description of Internship Position:
The GWSA Program at EOEEA is seeking interns to:
- Support the development of Massachusetts’ Natural and Working Lands greenhouse gas
- inventory and plan, as part of the state’s 1Clean Energy and Climate Plan for 2030
- Conduct research and analyses to help estimate greenhouse gas emissions and carbon
- sequestration in Massachusetts’ ecosystems.
- Conduct research and analyses to help estimate the greenhouse gas emissions effects of various
- policies and land management practices.
Description of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete literature reviews, data syntheses, and research summaries in environmental science and policy.
- Conduct quantitative and spatial data analyses
- Create written, tabular, and visual presentations of findings to discuss with state agency staff.
Preferred Knowledge and Skills:
An interest in several of the following topics: ecosystem science, land sector greenhouse gas emissions, carbon sequestration, natural climate solutions, forest ecology, wetland ecology, soil science, land- use/land cover classification/dynamics, remote sensing, natural resource management, Massachusetts climate and environmental policy.
Skills and experience doing internet research, scientific literature reviews, geographic information systems, quantitative analysis/data science, Microsoft Office software, and effective oral and written communications.
Hours per week: 10-20