Program Number: 7
Program Name: Pipeline Damage Prevention Program
Location/Address: Boston – Remotely
Brief Description of Internship Position:
The Pipeline Safety Division of the Department of Public Utilities has the authority to investigate, conduct hearings, and issue statutory civil penalties for violations of the Dig Safe Law. The purpose of the Dig Safe Law is to prevent damage to underground utilities. The chosen candidate will participate in gathering data on behalf of the program, assist with database management, assist with program inquiries, conduct research, conduct public outreach, organize new violation reports, and coordinate with the Damage Prevention team within a virtual work environment.
Description of Duties and Responsibilities:
- – Research Massachusetts Dig Safe statistics including the total Dig Safe Violation Reports received, alleged violations, civil penalties, and the total number of first-time offender trainings for purposes of updating the Department’s Damage Prevention website.
- – Assist with the processing and assembly of new Dig Safe Violation Reports;
- – Organize incoming and outgoing mail and assist with emails on behalf of the program;
- – Provide assistance with document collection and organization for informal conferences
- – Transcribe meeting minutes;
- – Update the email database with key stakeholders, associations, and industry leaders.
Preferred Knowledge and Skills:
- – Adobe Pro
- – Microsoft Office Suite
- – Critical Thinking
- – Communication Skills
- – Customer service skills
Hours per week: 25 hours