Job Description: The strategic sourcing interns will assist with contract and renewal assistance, developing a cooperative contract dashboard, and environmentally preferable product program development.
Responsibilities and Tasks
Strategic Sourcing interns are needed to assist with the following projects:
· Provide contract and renewal assistance. OSD manages over 100 statewide contracts, and assistance with contract management and renewals is needed to help the contract managers. This would include, but not be limited to, market research, creating standardized templates for use during process, verifying compliance with existing reporting and developing scorecards.
· Develop a cooperative contract dashboard. This includes identifying applicable cooperative contracts, and pertinent information about them that may be used by contract managers for evaluation.
· Develop a fillable form for market research and assist in market research for products and services.
· Work with the environmentally preferable products procurement program to compile data for annual reporting.
· Other, TBD
· Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
· Analytical and problem-solving skills
· Strong communication skills; both verbal and written.
· Ability to research information and make recommendations
· Ability to synthesize information in order to document findings in a presentation format
· Ability to work well with others in a fast-paced collaborative team environment
· Ability to work independently and ask for assistance when needed.
· Ability to handle confidential materials.
· Ability to deal tactfully and professionally with employees.
Operational Services Division
· The Operational Services Division (OSD), an agency within the Executive Office for Administration and Finance (A&F), oversees and enforces procurement regulations, policies and practices applicable to the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Executive Branch Departments for goods and services and small scale construction services, oversees the Commonwealth’s passenger and light duty vehicle fleet, oversees Uniform Financial Reporting by Human and Social Service Vendors, and establishes special education tuition prices.
· Strategic Sourcing Services is responsible for developing and managing Statewide Contracts (SWC) for goods and services that meet the broad needs of Commonwealth Executive Departments; Massachusetts’ cities, towns, school districts; and public higher educational institutions in categories that range from automobiles and office supplies to safety equipment and IT services.
· The Operational Services Division is committed to providing rewarding and challenging internships. Our projects are designed to provide students with an accurate representation of what it would be like to work in the public sector. Interns learn about purchasing, and what environmental purchasing is – and receive a greater appreciation for purchasing decisions. In addition, depending on how many hours intern can provide, we usually have the intern sit in on meetings to understand how OSD works.