Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Required
- Fluent in Spanish (preferred)
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Commitment to serving low-income and under-served communities and the mission of CLSEPA
- Ability to relate to, communicate and collaborate with a broad range of clients and colleagues
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Google Applications, and Dropbox
- Ability to work well under tight deadlines
- Second-year law students and students with immigration experience are highly encouraged to apply
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide administrative support to CLSEPA attorneys, including case management, file/database maintenance, Spanish-language interpretation, drafting letters and documents, filling out basic legal forms with clients, and assistance with court filings and other litigation-related tasks.
- Conduct follow-up calls to clients to schedule appointments, make referrals, and gather information.
- Assist with and participate in community outreach and education events.
How to apply: Visit www.clsepa.org/join_us/
Look under our internship section and click CLSEPA Law student Internship Application to submit your application for consideration. We will email you will follow-up instructions to submit your resume, cover letter, three references, and writing sample.