The Undergraduate Economic Advancement Intern will assist our busy and dynamic Economic Advancement program by scheduling clients for appointments, entering client data into a database, helping to draft basic legal documents, and providing community outreach at events. The intern will work closely with experienced intake coordinators and CLSEPA attorneys.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide administrative support to CLSEPA attorneys, including case management, file/database maintenance, Spanish-language interpretation, drafting letters and documents, filling out basic legal forms with clients, and assistance with court filings and other litigation-related tasks.
- Conduct follow-up calls to clients to schedule appointments, make referrals, and gather information.
- Assist with and participate in community outreach and education events.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Required
- Fluent in Spanish
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Commitment to serving low-income and under-served communities and the mission of CLSEPA
- Ability to relate to, communicate and collaborate with a broad range of clients and colleagues
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Google Applications, and Dropbox
How to apply: Visit www.clsepa.org/join_us/
Look under our internship section and click CLSEPA undergrad Internship Application to submit your application for consideration. We will email you will follow-up instructions to submit your resume, cover letter, three references, and writing sample.