POSITION: EHE & Special Projects Coordinator
SALARIED (PART-TIME, 20 HRS PER WEEK):
CLASSIFICATION: Non-Exempt, Hourly
SUMMARY OF POSITION: The EHE & Special Projects Coordinator supports NEAETC’s EHE Program Manager and various efforts in implementing and meeting the goals of Suffolk County’s Ending the HIV Epidemic (EHE) Plan—part of a national goal to eliminate new HIV infections in the United States by 2030. The EHE & Special Projects Coordinator will work collaboratively with the Manager and NEAETC staff to coordinate trainings and technical assistance across the various pillars of the EHE Plan.
SKILLS/EXPERIENCE: The ideal candidate will have 1-2 years of experience in community-based public health settings experience with or interest in working with people living with or at risk for HIV and people from diverse ethnic, racial, and socioeconomic backgrounds. Strong interpersonal, written, and oral skills; organizational and follow-through skills; ability to work independently, prioritize and meet deadlines; handle multiple tasks and projects; proficiency in Microsoft Office; flexible work style, and the capacity to work well as part of a small and nimble team. Experience with HIPAA standards and patient confidentiality preferred. This position is partially remote and may require some travel within Suffolk County. Access to a vehicle is preferred but not required. Credit towards a degree program and/or internship requirement can be negotiated as part of the position.
MENTAL ABILITIES: This position requires ability to work within a team environment, ability to manage competing priorities in a changeable environment, and strong written and verbal communication skills.
PHYSICAL ABILITIES: Position requires sitting for extended periods
ACCOUNTABILITY: This position reports to NEAETC EHE Program Manager.
SUPERVISORY: This position does not hold management responsibilities.
1. Provide administrative and logistical support to the work of the EHE Program Manager.
2. Support the day-to-day work and long-term goals of NEAETC’s Suffolk County HIV Community Health Worker (CHW) Advisory Group.
3. Support EHE Program Manager on supplemental EHE project focused on same-day PrEP/nPEP access for People Who Inject Drugs (PWIDs) and Transgender women in Suffolk County, including data collection and analysis, community engagement, and project development.
4. Attend, as needed, external meetings relative to the EHE Plan including, but not limited to, the EHE Steering Committee, Health Resources & Services Administration (HRSA) routine EHE updates, and other groups formed as the plan is implemented.
5. Provide support to the MA RP Clinical Director and Program Director on various activities including, but not limited to, Department of Public Health funding relative to Hepatitis C treatment, and other initiatives as directed.
6. Support the MA RP Clinical Director and Program Director in identifying needed trainings on prevention and treatment in Massachusetts and coordinating webinars or in-person lectures as necessary.
7. Other related duties as assigned.