Community Solutions (CS), a nonprofit working to achieve a lasting end to homelessness that leaves no one behind, is looking for a People Analytics and DEI Intern for the 2021 summer. Our operations team aspires to be the “Google” of the nonprofit world when it comes to people operations, diversity, and internal systems. The Operations Team works towards creating an environment at CS in which our staff has the best support possible to grow, thrive, and seamlessly carry out CS’ mission. This intern will be responsible for assisting the People Operations and DEI Project Manager with strategic HR & DEI initiatives. This internship is perfect for a student who is also interested in learning about the internal workings and management of a young, innovative nonprofit.
This intern will work part-time, 15-20 hours per week, starting in early June through the end of the summer. If the intern’s school does not provide a stipend for internships, then CS will compensate at a rate of $15/hour. The intern will have access to multiple training and educational opportunities throughout the summer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) Analytics & Support
- Gather DEI + PEOPs data, research and formulate recommendations for improvement
- Research and compile data, tools, articles, and programs that support the implementation of our DEI-related strategies into a comprehensive database
- Assist with building an effective pipeline, ensuring diversity of applicants and best practices
- Manage infrastructure for tracking and analyzing DEI analytics to improve strategies over time
- Identify additional sources from which CS can source diverse talent; career fairs, professional organizations, etc.
- Strategize ways to increase DEI presence within CS
- Stay abreast of best practices on DEI, recommending relevant initiatives for CS’ activities and actions.
- Support implementation of an internal communication plan for DEI issues to ensure firm alignment on critical topics.
- Support development of a pipeline program to attract and build the capacity of individuals of color and/or with lived experience in core competency areas.
- Support the development of training related to core competencies, including racial equity, facilitation, quality improvement, and human-centered design
People Operations (PEOPS)
- Research, recommend, and improve internal processes including, hiring, onboarding, and summer internship program.
- Research and present recommendations to improve DEI initiatives, Employee Experiences, and CS’ Employee Brand Value
- Identify areas of improvement and work with the Ops team to increase employee experience satisfaction.
- Strong interest in, and passion for, social responsibility and the development of more diverse and inclusive organizations.
- Tech-savvy; data visualization skills a huge plus
- Project management skills, i.e. the ability to innovate and execute on solutions that matter.
- Limited experience in either HR, people analytics or DEI field
- Some analytical and research skills, i.e. the ability to draw conclusions from data
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Quick learner with the ability to self-motivate
- Highly organized and attentive to detail
- Receives and relays criticism constructively
- Non-traditional candidates are welcome. Convince us you have what it takes!
Training and educational opportunities offered during the internship
- Project management training, including Asana software training
- Community Solutions’ Core Competencies Training
- Introduction to Racial Equity training
- Participation in team meetings and all-staff meetings
- Regular check-ins with supervisor for feedback and guidance
- The People Operations Intern will work virtually and can be located anywhere in the US. East coast is preferred.