Compensia’s mission is to be the premier compensation consulting firm to compensation committees of technology and life sciences companies. We are a fully independent consulting firm with a team of about sixty consultants. We have two offices in the San Francisco Bay Area, and a distributed workforce throughout the United States. We have deep relationships in the global technology and life sciences communities, including extensive networks among industry board members, senior executives, and venture investors.
We support public company Compensation Committees on all matters relating to executive and director compensation. We also support venture-backed, pre-IPO companies, providing research and recommendations relating to executive compensation, founder/CEO compensation, the design and implementation of employee option plans, and considerations specific to the transition from pre-IPO to public company programs.
We are an employee-owned firm with a flat management structure and emphasis on rewarding exceptional performance. While accountability is among our most important values, our consultants have significant flexibility in determining the best approach for meeting their commitments. We value an entrepreneurial spirit and encourage a balance of client work, investment in our firm’s operations and intellectual capital, and personal development and training.
Entry-Level Consulting Opportunities
We are currently interviewing candidates for full-time, Associate consulting positions. Our Associate Consultants work closely with Consultants and Senior Consultants, supporting client engagements by:
- Researching competitive practices to assess relationships between executive pay and company performance
- Analyze data and financials using advanced excel skills
- Drafting PowerPoint presentations summarizing our analysis and recommendations
- Supporting research efforts and publication of Compensia Thoughtful Pay Alerts
As a compensation Consultant, you will receive a broad introduction to HR, tax, accounting, and legal areas of corporate management. Desired qualifications include:
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills with demonstrated interest in business, economics, finance and/or accounting
- Experience with Excel/PowerPoint and desire to develop expert capabilities
- Ability to independently manage multiple priorities and operate successfully in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Ability to quickly digest a problem and evaluate solutions and then empower others to deliver
- Self-starter that is intellectually curious, and has the ability to work well both independently and as part of a larger distributed team environment
We offer a long-term career opportunity and support the development of high-performing consultants into senior, client-facing leaders of our Firm. Compensation is competitive, with all full-time employees eligible to participate in our employee stock ownership plan.
Please note that applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without employment visa sponsorship from our company. We are an equal employment opportunity employer.