As an Analyst you will support the production of expert witness reports, performing complex data analytics and econometric analysis, creating exhibits which explain the results of analysis, and reviewing and summarizing documents related to legal cases.
We look for curious, rigorous, humorous, intellectually diverse problem-solvers. The character qualities we seek and cultivate include: integrity, perseverance, fearlessness, humility, empathy, imagination, and the love of the truth.
Among the skills we value most highly are:
o inquisitive nature
o clear writing
o efficient communication
o plain and persuasive speech
o data handling and analysis
The ideal candidate will successfully manage multiple assignments and will thrive in a fast-paced, deadline oriented yet thoughtful environment that is customer-focused. The Analyst will be a strong problem solver and will work well independently as well as in a collaborative team environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Job functions include, but are not limited to:
o collecting and summarizing data
o conducting economic analysis in STATA/SAS
o summarizing information from depositions, trial testimony, and other documents
o conducting research using third party vendors and the internet
o assisting in preparation of reports for deposition and trial
Required Qualifications and Attributes:
1. You have 0-2 years of experience, with a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in economics or finance.
2. You are proficient in Excel; knowledge of SAS or Stata is desirable.
3. Your English communication skills are excellent in both verbal and written form.
4. You have the ability to work both independently and as part of a small team.
5. You are a proactive self – starter, able to manage multiple projects and priorities.
6. You thrive in a challenging work environment and perform well in high stress situations.
7. You have the availability to work long hours, evenings and weekends as necessary.
8. Prior research experience, such as a thesis, is desirable.