Competitive Energy Services, LLC (CES) is an established energy services firm that advises the commercial, industrial, institutional and non-profit sectors in procuring electricity, natural gas, liquid fuels, and renewable products. CES offers a broad variety of strategic energy management and consulting services such as budgeting and forecasting, risk assessment and management, cogeneration and renewable energy feasibility studies, fuel conversion analyses, utility tariff negotiations, demand response analyses, carbon inventories and reduction strategies.
We’re looking for a sharp, motivated PHP Developer with good expertise with Yii 2.0 platform; PHP MVC framework. You’ll create and implement a dynamic range of new web applications, and also maintain and develop a variety of existing applications.
- Collaborate with team members as well as operate individually to develop complex web-based applications
- Maintain existing codebases, to include troubleshooting bugs and adding new features
- Work closely with others to define and clarify project plans, deliverables, expectations, scheduling and of course, functionality of applications
Skills & Requirements
- Knowledge of the LAMP architecture and related concepts
- 2+ years working experience with PHP
- MySQL knowledge (write and optimize queries)
- Understanding of Linux systems
- Object Oriented PHP
- Must possess strong database architecture and implementation skills with experience in efficient MySQL usage
- Programming logic, good code-writing style and commenting are a must
- Comprehensive understanding of HTML
- Dependable and professional
- Self-motivated, quick learner
- Ability to work independently, but also must work well with others
- Ability to recognize tasks that need to be completed and willingness to take responsibility for them
- Disaster Recovery
- Security Vulnerability Scanning and Hardening
- Application/Workload Development
- Server Monitoring and Server Workload/Application Maintenance
This position can be remote.